This post may contain affiliate links.
No preschool year is complete without a study of apples.
There are so many fun things you can do with apples. Get the kids in the kitchen to make a pie or homemade applesauce. Go apple picking at a local orchard. Do taste tests and science experiments.
In today’s thematic unit, preschoolers will explore apples with hands-on activities, arts and crafts, snacks, books, and more. Don’t forget to scroll all the way to the bottom to download a brand new 40+ page apple-themed learning pack!
Preschool Apple Activities
The resources I share below cover a variety of homeschool preschool subjects, concepts, and skills. Don’t feel as if you need to do them all. Pick and choose the ones that target skills you are currently working on or ones that will most interest your preschoolers.
Preschool Books About Apples
I really like to start my unit studies with good books. Each day of our unit studies, I choose a different picture book to read. I love filling our book baskets with books that tie in to our learning topic, as well. Below is a peek at some of our favorite books to get you started. Click on the images to learn more about each one.
In the Apple Preschool Printable I share below, you’ll find a more comprehensive list with 15 books on it. Print the list out and take it to the library as you fill your book basket.
Your preschoolers will have so much fun practicing their counting with the printable activity pages below. They include:
- counting practice,
- roll and cover,
- I Spy,
- and more.
Apple Videos for Kids
This little ditty is sure to pique your preschooler’s interest. They’ll be singing this one all day long!
More Apple Videos for Kids
Apple Hands-On Activities
- Apple Stamping Tree Craft from Crafty Morning
- Hands-On Learning: Apple Counting from 3 Dinosaurs
- No Cook Apple Cinnamon Playdough from Natural Beach Living
Apple-Themed Science Activities
Your preschoolers will enjoy exploring apples with the printable activity pages below. They include:
- a life cycle poster,
- taste test recording page,
- description page,
- and more.
Apple Arts and Crafts
- Easy Apple Craft Using Wine Corks from Crafty Morning
- Apple Bowling Art from Mess for Less
- Apple Sun Catcher Tot Craft from Simple Fun for Kids
- Apple Footprint Art from Raising Little Superheroes
- Invitation to Create: Apple Trees from Things to Share and Remember
Apple-Themed Literacy Activities
Your preschoolers will enjoy working on their literacy skills with the printable activity pages below. They include:
- color and write,
- color by letter,
- letter hunt,
- and more!
Apple-Themed Snacks and Treats
- Apple Turtles from Spaceships and Laser Beams
- Smiling Apple Teeth from Domestic Mommyhood
- Caramel Apple Slices from Mommy’s Bundle
- Apple and Grape Car Snack from Crafty Morning
- Apple Smoothie from Artsy Momma
Learning Resources for Your Apple Unit Study
Click on the images to learn more about each resource featured.
More Activities for Teaching the Letter “A”
This is a great time to teach or reinforce the Letter A and its beginning sound. The activity pages in the printable below contain the following:
- a reading challenge,
- a maze,
- picture cards,
- and more.
Download your printables.