Learning is more fun when it’s hands-on. Ditch the worksheets and engage your young learners with this collection of over 100 hands-on preschool activities for math, literacy, and science.
I had one child who loved workbooks, lapbooks, and printables of all kinds. My other two, however, would whine and cry anytime I put a sheet of paper in front of them. So, I was always on the hunt for hands-on preschool activities to introduce and reinforce learning skills.
If you’ve got a hands-on kid like mine, this amazing collection of preschool activities is just what you need to homeschool your preschoolers without worksheets and tears. Scroll down to explore this growing collection of hands-on ideas for teaching math, science, and literacy.
Hands-On Preschool Activities
How to Teach Math Without Worksheets
• 20 Hands-On Activities for Learning Colors – These fun hands-on activities for learning colors are such a great way to teach and reinforce preschool and kindergarten concepts. From sorting and matching to homemade games, there are so many fun activities here!
• 30 Hands-On Preschool Math Activities – Ditch the workbooks and printables! Teach counting, math facts, and more with these hands-on preschool math activities.
• How to Practice Addition Plastic Easter Eggs – Come discover how your students can practice addition facts with plastic Easter eggs! This activity is perfect for your spring homeschool lessons.
• 5 Ways to Teach Preschool Math with Marshmallows – Are you looking for hands-on ways to teach preschool math? Discover seven hands-on ideas for teaching math with marshmallows!
Hands-On Science for Preschoolers
• 20 Spring STEM Activities for Preschoolers – Introduce springtime STEM into your homeschool preschool lessons with this amazing collection of 20 STEM activities for kids.
• 22 Ideas for Gardening with Kids This Spring and Summer – There are so many benefits to gardening with kids. With this amazing collection of ideas and activities, your kids can learn about plants, try new foods, and tend their own garden spots.
• Skittles Candy Science Project – I love being able to incorporate the holidays into our homeschool lessons. This easy candy science project is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
• 22 Easy STEM Activities for St. Patrick’s Day – Discover 22 easy STEM activities for kids that are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Find Skittle science, walking rainbows, catapults and more in this collection.
• 5 Hands-On Ways to Celebrate Learn About Butterflies Day – Spring is the best time of year to learn about butterflies. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to watch the entire life cycle. Come discover how you can celebrate Learn About Butterflies Day!
• How to Make a Rain Cloud in a Jar – Making a rain cloud in a jar is a great way to explore weather with your preschoolers and young learners. They’ll see up close how clouds make rain.
• How to Teach Preschool Numbers and Counting with Straws – Come discover a fun way to teach preschool numbers and counting with straws and toilet paper tubes. This simple, hands-on activity is the perfect preschool math activity.
• Hands-On Sequencing Activities for Preschoolers – Being able to sequence is an important skill for math and reading. Discover hands-on sequencing activities for preschoolers that are perfect for building a strong foundation.
• Hands-On Number Recognition and Counting Activities – There’s no better way to teach and reinforce number recognition and counting than with hands-on activities. These counting activities and number recognition games are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
Hands-On Literacy for Preschoolers
• Simple Name Recognition Activity for Preschoolers – Being able to recognize their name in writing is such an important skill for little ones. This Find My Name – A Quick and Easy Name Recognition Activity will help your child be able to quickly recall their name and memorize how it looks.
• 5 Hands-On Ideas for Teaching Letter Sounds – It’s too easy to get caught in the drill and kill approach to letter sounds. But teaching phonics shouldn’t be dull. Use these 5 techniques and have a blast teaching letter sounds!
• Secret Message Name Recognition Activity – You won’t believe how easy it is to set up this “secret message” name recognition activity for your preschoolers! They’ll have so much fun making the secret message appear, and learn to recognize their name at the same time.
• 5 Tips for Teaching the Alphabet to Preschoolers – Teaching the alphabet to preschoolers doesn’t have to be intimidating. Just use these simple tricks and have fun in the process!
Hands-On Preschool Activities for the Holidays
• 5 Education Activities for National Jelly Bean Day – Do your preschoolers love jelly beans? Then you’ll be delighted to know that April 22nd is National Jelly Bean Day! Come discover five educational activities you can do with jelly beans.
• Hands-On Educational Activities for Valentine’s Day – This collection of hands-on, educational preschool Valentine activities will keep your young learners engaged for hours!
• 7 Ways to Celebrate National Strawberry Day – Did you know that February 27th is National Strawberry Day? It’s a wonderful day to enjoy some strawberries and enjoy thinking about spring!
• 24 Educational Activities for St. Patrick’s Day – This collection of hands-on educational activities for St Patricks Day is sure to inspire and engage your preschoolers and kindergarteners for hours.