Summer’s a great time to visit the zoo. Keep your kids on the lookout for animals and their features with these printable zoo scavenger hunt pages.
Early in the morning and late in the day, the animals are most active. In the heat of the day, the indoor exhibits are our favorites. If your zoo has a sea lion or dolphin show, you might even be able to cool off with a splash if you sit in the front row.
No matter what your favorite exhibit is, your little ones will love these scavenger hunt ideas for your next visit. Choose one or more of the pages in this pack to keep your kids alert on your next trip.
Zoo Scavenger Hunt
Before you go to the zoo, fill your little one’s book basket with a few of your favorite zoo books for preschoolers. Need ideas? Check out this list for a few suggestions. You should be able to find many of these at your local library.
Inside the zoo scavenger hunt pack, you’ll find the following scavenger hunt pages:
• A reading hunt for older kids: Options include hunting for things like an animal taller than you, an animal that is eating, a cold-blooded animal, and more. There are 20 clues on this page.
• A picture hunt: Options are all picture clues for non-readers. They include a fish, ostrich, lion, monkey, and more. There are 12 clues on this page.
• An ABC hunt: This page includes 26 blank lines, one for each letter of the alphabet. Kids are encouraged to look for an item (animals, things, or even people) that begin with each letter of the alphabet.
• Count on the Zoo: There are nine clues in this hunt. Clues include options such as six animals that live in the water and three types of flowers. There is space in each box to tally their findings as they go.
• A Sensory Walk: Children are encouraged to search for things that are fuzzy, noisy, bumpy, sticky, and more. There is space to write the name of each thing they find if they’d like. There are nine clues in this hunt.
As you gear up to use these scavenger hunts with your preschoolers, I have a few resources I recommend. They’re my top picks from Amazon! To get them for your preschoolers, just click on the image below.
More Resources for Your Zoo Activities
A trip to the zoo is always fun. What is your favorite animal? Is it the elephant or maybe the giraffe? Or a cuddly looking koala. These easy to make zoo animals will delight children everywhere.