This post may contain affiliate links.
Weaving paper is great for fine motor skills. Kids can build those skills as they make this rocket craft for preschoolers! Don’t miss the printable template that will help get you started.
Rocket ship crafts aren’t just for boys. This rocket ship craft is perfect for boys and girls alike! Engage and inspire your kids with just a few simple supplies.
This craft is a great way to introduce preschoolers to weaving. And, to make things easier for you, I’ve got a free printable template to help you out.
Paper Weaving Rocket Craft for Preschoolers
Whether you’re looking for a craft to add to your space-themed unit or you’re looking for something fun to do with your kids this afternoon, this rocket craft for preschoolers is perfect!
This paper weaving rocket ship is tons of fun to make and display, and here are a few more interactive crafts your kids might enjoy, as well.
What You’ll Need
• Glue stick
• Scissors – You can cut the strips by hand (or have your preschoolers do it), but a paper cutter REALLY helps.
• Templates – You can download them below.
Download the rocket template (get it at the end of the post) and print out. Trace the rocket template onto colored cardstock. Cut the pieces out.
Fold the large rectangle in half and cut strips into the paper. Leave about an inch of paper all around the sides so that the paper does not tear while being weaved. Unfold the shape and set aside.
Cut strips of colored cardstock about half an inch wide. Weave the strips of paper in and out of the cut lines on the rectangle shape. Cut excess paper off of the sides and glue to secure the strips from moving.
Glue the shapes onto the rocket, the top, sides, window, flames etc.
Download the coloring sheets and cut out the astronaut or alien and glue into the window for a cute added touch! You can also add a photo of your child!
Your rocket ship is finished. Isn’t this rocket ship craft adorable? Mix and match the colors and your preschoolers can have a whole group of rocket ships to play with.
If you have teach preschool in a classroom setting, this is a wonderful classroom project. How cute would these look on a bulletin board?
Download Your Rocket Ship Template
• Roaring Rockets | In bright and bold illustrations that are as witty as the text, the animal crew roars and whizzes into outer space.
• On the Launch Pad: A Counting Book About Rockets | Each page features bright illustrations with hidden numbers in the artwork to introduce the concept of counting. This exciting combination of outer space and math keeps readers flipping the pages and counting along.
• Rocket Racers | The ultimate space race, featuring dinosaurs, meteors, and explosive crashes. This is a wonderful action-packed rhyming story with a central message that giving a helping hand is better than winning.
• Sticker Stories: Rockets | Get ready to explore rockets, satellites, and outer space. You’ll travel with the astronauts on their journeys beyond, and then return to earth–home sweet home.
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Engaging Hands-On Activities Exploring Bees for Kids - August 17, 2018
- 20 Apple Sensory Bin Ideas for Preschoolers - August 16, 2018
- 25 Adorable Crafts Featuring Bees for Kids - August 15, 2018