This post may contain affiliate links.
Practice counting from one to ten with this fun pumpkin counting activity for preschoolers. Hands-on learning for the fall.
This autumn, preschoolers will have fun with this hands-on math center. Practice number recognition and counting from one to ten with this fun preschool counting activity for preschoolers.
Whether you’re looking for a hands-on math activity for your preschoolers or you’re looking for something to add to your preschool pumpkin theme, this activity certainly fits the bill.
Pumpkin Counting Activity
Little ones can practice number recognition and counting with this activity. Because it’s super easy to prepare, you’ll be ready to present it to your preschoolers in no time. It’s perfect for use in both the classroom and your homeschool.
How to prepare the activity…
Line them up in order on the table. Have your preschooler identify the number on each cup and add that many craft sticks to the cup.
This activity works on number recognition, counting to ten, and builds motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
More Counting Fun
• Young learners will have fun practicing their counting skills with this free activity featuring Johnny Appleseed for preschool.
• Preschoolers will practice counting to twenty with these free farm theme preschool counting mats. These make a great addition to your math centers!
• These leaf counting clip cards are a great way to have preschoolers practice number recognition and counting from 1-20.
• These sunflower life cycle counting mats are a fun way to review the stages of the life cycle while working on one-to-one correspondence and counting.
• Introduce your little ones to numbers with this awesome collection counting books for toddlers. Board books for numbers, counting, and number words.
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT PUMPKINS
Fill your book basket with a great collection of pumpkin books for kids. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
The Run-Away Pumpkin – On a windy autumn day, Marla Little comes running down the hill, yelling, “Help! My giant pumpkin is rolling away! Onward it goes, rolling and turning, with no sign of stopping! Diddle-dee-doo! Oh, what shall I do?”
How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? – Mr. Tiffin and his students explore skip counting and estimation in a fun pumpkin-themed classroom experiment!
The Pumpkin Book – The book features bold, clearly-labeled illustrations, directions for drying seeds, and even how to carve funny or scary faces into your pumpkin (with an adult’s help), along with a fascinating section on pumpkin facts and lore. Perfect for aspiring farmers and kids who can’t wait for Halloween!
Learn all about the parts of a pumpkin. How do they work? What do they do? This parts of a pumpkin felt board set is simple enough for preschoolers and detailed enough for use within homeschool or early elementary classrooms.
Provide your preschooler with hours of Halloween fun with the 5 Little Pumpkins Sensory Bin!
DOWNLOAD YOUR PRINTABLES
This pumpkin counting activity is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.