This post may contain affiliate links.
Teach young learners what the Pledge of Allegiance means with this set of free Pledge of Allegiance worksheets! It contains an anchor chart, vocabulary cards, and a mini-book!
As we round the bend and head into summertime, I’m looking forward to our annual 4th of July celebrations.
I love when we grill out, visit with friends, and watch the fireworks. Hot dogs, s’mores, and sparklers are staples at our annual gathering. But, with all of the festivities, it’s important not to forget what we’re really celebrating.
It’s important to take a moment to discuss with our kids how our military fought for our country’s independence so long ago.
You could read books about the Fourth of July, our country, and our flag. And, you should make sure your kids know the Pledge of Allegiance.
Pledge of Allegiance Worksheets
Not only should our kids know the Pledge, but they need to know what it actually means. What is independence? What is a pledge? Reciting the words is fine, but it’s important to know what you’re pledging.
So, I’ve created a Pledge of Allegiance mini-pack to help you teach your kids. It’s perfect for early learners in preschool and kindergarten, but it can also be used with kids up to grade 2.
Inside this 10-page mini-pack, you’ll find the following teaching resources:
• Poster: Let your kids color the images on the bottom of the poster. Then, laminate the poster and hang it in your learning area to help your kids learn the words.
• Vocabulary cards: These visual image cards will help your kids learn the meaning of some of the more advanced words in the Pledge of Allegiance. You could also laminate these and place them around the poster.
• Coloring pages: There are a boy and a girl for your students to color.
• Pledge of Allegiance mini-book: This mini-book is perfect for reviewing the Pledge of Allegiance. Students can color the pictures on each page. Then, they will practice writing each line of the Pledge on the lines. Cut the pages apart, and assemble them into a mini-book that young learners can read and recite over and over again.
Download your Pledge of Allegiance Worksheets
Sign up for my newsletter, and you’ll receive this freebie as a thank you! Enjoy!
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Preschool Transportation Theme Printables - January 21, 2019
- Weather Books for Toddlers - January 20, 2019
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake Story Sequencing Cards - January 19, 2019