Summer is just around the corner, and you are going to love this amazing collection of summer activities for preschoolers! Discover an amazing collection of books, printables, and resources for the whole season!
The temperatures are warming up, and it’s time to explore the great outdoors. Whether you’re planning a camping trip or a trip to the pool or you’re just looking for an indoor activity to do on a hot summer afternoon, scroll through this ever-growing list of summer activities for kids.
Summer Activities for Preschoolers
Below, you’ll find books, crafts, printables, and other fun activities to do with your preschoolers this summer! There are enough ideas to keep your kiddos engaged all summer long!
Summer Crafts for Kids
• 25 Easy and Engaging Summer Camping Crafts for Kids – Whether you’re gearing up for a summer camping trip or you’re planning a backyard campout, your kids will love these awesome camping crafts I’ve rounded up for you. Which one will they want to make first?
• Quick and Easy Strawberry Crafts for Kids – These strawberry crafts for preschoolers are sweet! They’re oh-so-easy for little ones to make this spring and summer. Make one or make them all. Your preschoolers will enjoy them all!
• Adorable Birds Nest Craft for Kids – Children of all ages will enjoy making this adorable baby birds nest craft! It’s a great addition to your spring lessons or your bird unit study.
• The Very Best Summer Paper Plate Crafts for Kids – You won’t believe all the summer paper plate crafts I’ve discovered! From mermaids and pirates to flowers and summer fruit, there are so many crafts to choose from you won’t know where to start!
• 4th of July Activities for Patriotic Kids – Summer is coming, and with it comes several patriotic holidays. From hands-on crafts to learning activities, there’s something on this list for every one of your patriotic kids!
• Easy Paper Weaving Seahorse Art Project for Kids – Inspired by the ocean and perfect for summer! Kids can make this adorable seahorse art project with colored paper and bubble wrap. Perfect to do alongside Mr. Seahorse by Eric Carle.
• Toilet Paper Roll Bald Eagle Craft – This bald eagle craft combines items you likely have in your craft stash with a focus on our national bird! The perfect 4th of July craft for kids.
• Easy Egg Carton Ocean Animal Crafts – These egg carton ocean animal crafts are perfect for summertime! Decorate recycled egg cartons and turn them into cute sea creatures.
• 30+ Ocean Themed Crafts for Preschool – Are you looking for something fun for your kids to do this summer? How about making one of these fun ocean themed crafts for preschool!
• Simple Paper Weaving Sea Turtle Kids Craft – Download the free template and follow the tutorial to make a simple paper-weaving sea turtle kids craft with your preschoolers!
• Fingerprint Flower Art for Tots and Preschoolers – Are you looking for a super simple craft to do with your kids? It doesn’t get any easier than this fingerprint flower craft!
• 25 Adorable Crafts Featuring Bees for Kids – Fly on over and check out these adorable crafts featuring bees for kids. They’re perfect for spring and summer crafting sessions.
Summer Math Fun
• Bee-Themed Math Activities for Preschoolers – These honey bee math activities are perfect for your springtime homeschool lessons. Focus on counting, adding, and number identification with these printable pages.
Summer Science Activities
• 5 Simple Summer Science Experiments for Kids – Combat summer boredom with five simple science experiments for kids. They’re perfect for summer, and they’re engaging for preschoolers and big kids alike.
• Ocean-Themed Skittles Candy Science Experiment – Summer science at its finest! You don’t want to miss this ocean-themed Skittles candy science experiment. Your kids will beg to do it again and again.
• How to Make a Frog Life Cycle Candy Science Craft – Follow this simple tutorial to make a frog life cycle candy science craft! Bring science to life with this fun, educational activity.
• Honey Bee Life Cycle Activities – Honey bees for kids! Get ready to learn this this spring and summer with these fun, hands-on honey bee life cycle activities for preschoolers.
Celebrate Summer Holidays
• Easy Father’s Day Gift Kids Can Make – Father’s Day is coming up! Let your kids show him how much he’s loved. If you’re looking for a fun Fathers Day craft (with a FREE template) your kids can make, I’ve got exactly what you’re looking for right here!
• 16 Easy Father’s Day Crafts Kids Can Make – Show Dad some love this Father’s Day with one of these simple Fathers Day crafts! Each one will make great preschool Father’s Day gifts!
• 5 Ways to Celebrate National American Eagle Day with Preschoolers -National American Eagle Day is coming up quickly on June 20th! It’s a day to honor our national symbol and learn about this magnificent bird.
Summer Books for Kids
• 20+ Engaging Summer Books for Preschoolers – Are you ready for summer? Fireflies, camping, summer vacation! Read about these activities and more in these engaging summer books for preschoolers!
• 15 of Our Favorite Picture Books About Bees – Summer is finally here! Celebrate summer with a basket full of picture books about bees! Here are 15 suggestions to get you started.
• 20+ of the Most Fantastic Frog Books for Kids – Get your preschoolers excited about amphibians with these frog books for kids. Whether you are exploring the life cycle of a frog or enjoying silly frog story books, pique your little ones’ interest with these.
• 18 Picture Books About Rain – Spring showers bring new life to the world around us. Sometimes, though, kids can be afraid of rain and storms. Pique their interest and calm their fears with this collection of books about rain.
• 15 of Our Favorite Patriotic Picture Books – Celebrate the 4th of July with a basket full of patriotic picture books! Each of the picture books in this collection will help you and your little ones celebrate our great nation!
• 18 Engaging Sea Turtle Books for Kids – Sea turtles are amazing creatures. These fiction and nonfiction sea turtle books will introduce kids to these amazing sea creatures!
• The Best Ocean Books for Preschoolers – Is your little one dreaming of the beach? Are you planning a beach vacation? If so, fill your book basket with these ocean books for preschool readers.
• A Few of Our Favorite Nonfiction Picture Books About Bees – Preschoolers are sponges ready to soak up new things all the time. So, teach them about bees with these nonfiction picture books about bees.
• 9 of Our Favorite Bee Books for Toddlers – 9 of our favorite bee books for toddlers! Engage your little ones this spring and summer with this great collection of board books featuring bees.
Summer Preschool Printables
• 25 Ice Cream Printables for Preschoolers – I scream! You scream! We all scream for ice cream printables! Add a cool twist to your summer homeschool preschool plans with ice cream activities for math, literacy, and more.
• A Bee C Letter Matching Games for Preschoolers – What’s the buzz? This bee-themed alphabet match is just one of many letter matching games you can add to your homeschool preschool lessons this summer.
• 20 Strawberry-Themed Printables for Kids – Summer is strawberry season! It’s also the perfect time to add some strawberry printable worksheets and activities to your homeschool lessons.
• Sea Turtle Life Cycle Unit Study – Studying marine life is exciting for kids! If your preschoolers are interested in sea turtles, it might be time for a sea turtle life cycle unit study!
• June Preschool Activity Calendar – Be sure to download this month’s preschool activity calendar! You and your preschoolers can celebrate all of June’s special days with hands-on activities, books, and preschool printables.
• Patriotic Kids Learning Activities – The Fourth of July is just around the corner, and I’ve got a great new patriotic printable for tots and preschoolers. It’s full of patriotic kids activities to engage young learners throughout the summer.
• Weather Worksheets for Preschoolers – Check out these FREE weather worksheets for preschool. They will help little ones learn colors, ABCs, and beginner math. They’re perfect for summer learning!
• 25 Free Summer Printables for Kids – Welcome summer with these printable summer activities for kids. From coloring pages and scavenger hunts to flash cards and book logs, we’ve got all you need for preschool summer fun!
• The Very Greedy Bee Preschool Book Companion – What happens when a greedy bee eats too much? Find out in The Very Greedy Bee by Steve Smallman! Then, print out this book companion which contains follow up activities for preschoolers.
• S is for Strawberry Preschool Printables – Download these FREE strawberry preschool printables. They will help preschoolers practice shapes, ABCs, counting, and more!
• Pledge of Allegiance Worksheets for Kids – Teach young learners what the Pledge of Allegiance means with this set of free Pledge of Allegiance worksheets! It contains an anchor chart, vocabulary cards, and a mini-book!
• July Activity Calendar for Preschoolers – July is full of a vast array of holidays and special days that will excite and engage your toddlers and preschoolers. Today, I’m sharing a brand new preschool activity calendar that will help you and your preschoolers celebrate the 4th of July and other special days this month.
• Cut and Paste Pledge of Allegiance Word Printables – Download this free cut and paste Pledge of Allegiance words printable for your kids. They’ll work on fine motor skills while memorizing the Pledge.
• 20+ Educational Preschool Bee Themed Printables – Explore this wonderful collection of free preschool bee themed printables that focus on math, science, and literacy. There’s even a fun craft template for your little ones.
• Bug-Themed Preschool Printables – If your preschooler loves bugs, he’ll love this fun bug theme preschool activity pack. It’s full of learning activities that are perfect for young learners.
• Surprise Big Mouth Frog Printable Coloring Page – Print this big mouth frog printable coloring page for a cheap and easy activity for kids! Fold, color, and unfold for a fun surprise!
• Summer Sequencing Cards – Download this set of fun summer sequencing cards that include puzzles, a sequencing mat, and story telling page for 3 step sequencing cards.
• August Preschool Activity Calendar – Be sure to grab your preschool activity calendar! Celebrate all of August’s holidays and special days with books, printables, and hands-on fun!
Summer Activities for Kids
• 20 Rain Crafts and Activities for Spring and Summer – If you enjoy a good summer rain, you’ll love these rain crafts and activities. They’re perfect for keeping tots and preschoolers busy on a rainy afternoon!
• 6 Ways to Be the Fun Mom This Summer – Even if you thrive on routine and structure, you can still be the fun mom! It’s time to loosen the reigns a bit, and spend quality time with your kids.
• 7 Summer Subscription Boxes for Kids -When kids get bored and antsy, it can seem like the whole house has flipped upside down. These 7 subscription boxes for kids will keep your little ones entertained (and learning) all summer long!
• 36 Summer Sensory Bins for Preschoolers – Sensory play is an important part of early childhood development. It helps little ones develop their sense of touch, fine motor skills, language skills, and cognitive skills. Summer sensory bins are perfect for this time of year!
• 50+ Fun Summer Learning Activities for Kids – Summer is just around the corner! Learning doesn’t have to stop just because it’s summer break. It doesn’t have to be formal, either. This list contains over fifty fun summer learning activities that are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers (and older siblings, too!)
• 20 Messy Play Ideas for Playing in the Mud – Playing in the mud is the perfect activity after a rainy day! No rain? No problem. Turn on the hose, and let kids get down and dirty with these mud play activities.
• 22 Rainy Day Activities for Preschoolers – Come discover some fun rainy day activities for preschoolers to enjoy. Whether you spend the day indoors or outside in the rain, we’ve got you covered.
• 25 Ideas for Outdoor Water Play for Kids – What can you do to entertain your kiddos on a hot spring or summer afternoon? Try one or more of these ideas for an afternoon of outdoor water play for kids.
• 25 Watermelon Ideas, Crafts, and Printables for Kids – Kids will have so much fun learning and playing with watermelons. These watermelon ideas for kids will provide hours of educational entertainment all summer long.
• 6 Ways to Be the Fun Mom This Summer – Even if you thrive on routine and structure, you can still be the fun mom! It’s time to loosen the reigns a bit, and spend quality time with your kids. Here are six incredible tips to get you started!
• 10 Summer Activities to Help Kids Stay Cool This Summer – Are you looking for ways to help your kids stay cool this summer? Here are ten summer activities that will help you and your kids beat the summer heat!
• 5 Tips to Turn Everyday Outings Into Educational Trips for Kids – Just because summer is here doesn’t mean the learning has to stop! Learn how easy it is to turn every day outings into educational trips for kids.
• How to Prepare for a Preschool Nature Walk – Do your preschoolers love being outdoors? Do they love exploring nature? If so, they’re sure to love taking a nature walk with you. Don’t forget to print out your scavenger hunts before you go.
• 20 Pool Noodle Ideas for Preschool Playing and Learning – Don’t let summer stop you from teaching your preschoolers. These pool noodle ideas are perfect for making your homeschool preschool lessons so much fun!
• 30+ Summer Sensory Bins for Preschoolers – Encourage sensory exploration this summer by creating these awesome summer sensory bins! Themes include oceans, gardens, and so much more!
• Insect-Themed Summer Name Recognition Activity – The more name recognition activities you can do with your preschoolers the better. This insect-themed name recognition activity is perfect for spring and summer!
• DIY Backyard Games for the Whole Family – Take Family Game Night to a whole new level with these DIY backyard games the whole family can enjoy including croquet, tetherball, ring toss, and more!
• 5 Summer Subscription Boxes for Kids – Summer break is great! Often, though, moms are looking for ways to keep kids learning without resorting to formal academics.
• DIY Sponge Bombs for Backyard Summer Fun – Have you ever made sponge bombs with your kids? If not, check out this super simple tutorial and get ready for an amazing afternoon of summer fun!
• How to Make Frozen Sidewalk Chalk – Follow this simple recipe for homemade frozen sidewalk chalk for kids. You’ve likely got the ingredients in your pantry, and your kids will have a blast!
• 8 Outdoor Hand-Eye Coordination Activities for Kids – Use these outdoor hand eye coordination activities to help strengthen this skill with your preschoolers. The best part is, they’ll have so much fun doing them!
• 3 Tips for Teaching Your Kid to Ride a Bike – Kids will begin to make sense of the order in which events happen when you introduce them to sequencing with these free printable sequencing cards for kids.
• 50+ Summer Learning Activities for Preschoolers – Discover more than 50 hands-on summer learning activities for preschoolers. Summer learning doesn’t have to be formal, but it should be fun!
• Engaging, Hands-On Activities Exploring Bees for Kids – Engaging, hands-on activities exploring bees for kids! Kids will love learning about honey bees with these fun facts and hands-on activities.