This post may contain affiliate links.
My nephew is headed to my house to spend a few days. He loves to come hang out with me to “work on my blog.” He becomes my crafting partner and model and loves it!
So, after working on some fun printables and sensory bins with me, I’m going to treat him to a game of catch in the backyard. However, this game will have a fun twist!
We’re going to use sponge water bombs! Have you ever made sponge bombs with your kids? If not, check out the super simple tutorial below and get ready for an amazing afternoon of summer fun!
Sponge Water Bombs
I love these sponge water bombs, because they’re soft. Soak them in water and they become soggy, water-filled missiles that kids can toss around or throw at each other. No one will get hurt.
With a bucket of water to refresh the sponge bombs, kids will play for hours on a warm summer afternoon.
The best part is that you can find the supplies for cheap at your local dollar store!
What You’ll Need
- 6-8 Sponges, multi-color
- Cotton String
What To Do
The directions are simple and won’t take long at all! The kids can even help. In no time, they’ll be ready to lob wet soakers at each other!
1. Cut each sponge lengthwise into 4 pieces.
2. Take 4 sponge pieces and lay them side by side and stack 4 more directly on top of them.
3. Take a piece of string and tie around all the sponge pieces. Make sure to pull the string very tight and knot it. Cut off the excess string.
4. Dip in buckets of water and have a great water fight.
Next time the kids are bored, let them make sponge soaker bombs for a fun water fight!
Not ready to make these today? Be sure to pin this post to your Summer Fun board so you don’t forget!
MORE SUMMER FUN
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Preschool Transportation Theme Printables - January 21, 2019
- Weather Books for Toddlers - January 20, 2019
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake Story Sequencing Cards - January 19, 2019