This post may contain affiliate links.
Add this letter D dinosaur craft to your dinosaur themed activities. It’s also a great addition to your Letter of the Week activities, as well.
Letter crafts a fun way to focus on letter recognition and letter sounds with your preschoolers. And, this dinosaur craft is perfect for preschoolers studying the letter D or dinosaurs in general. Add it to your dinosaur activities, and your dinosaur fans will go wild!
Letter crafts are a great way to reinforce letter recognition and sounds with preschoolers. Be sure to add this to your Letter D and/or dinosaur activities.
Letter D Dinosaur Craft
This dinosaur paper craft will look great on display with your other Letter of the Week or dinosaur crafts.
What You’ll Need
• D is for Dinosaur craft template (click here to download yours)
• colored paper
What You’ll Do
Start by printing out the D is for Dinosaur craft template. If you want your kids to color the project, print the template on white paper. If they don’t enjoy coloring, you can print the template on colored paper. Use several colored pages if they want a colorful dinosaur.
Have your child cut out the template pieces. Glue the Letter D onto a sheet of construction paper. Then, add the head, tail, legs, and spikes to form a dinosaur.
Take time to discuss the formation of the letter D and its beginning sound. Can your preschooler name other things that begin with the letter D?
Once the dinosaur is fully assembled, let your preschoolers decorate their dinosaur with crayons, markers, paint, or dot markers. Let them be as creative as they want as they create a one-of-a-kind dinosaur of their own.
Enhance Your Activity Time
Create one or more of these dinosaur snack ideas for your dinosaur theme. During your dinosaur studies or a dinosaur party, your kids will love these ideas.
What child doesn’t love dinosaurs? Kids love them, and they’ll love this dinosaur matching game printable that helps develop visual discrimination skills!
Young dinosaur fans will love these dinosaur books for preschool. These fiction picture books are perfect for engaging young readers.
RESOURCES I LOVE
• Dinosaur Egg Excavation Kit – Dinosaur Egg Excavation Set came with 12 eggs and each one had a different dinosaur to dig out. The information card for each dinosaur that gives details information explaining details about the dinosaur.
• Crocheted Dinosaur Toys – These handmade dinosaur plush toys are perfect for pretend play and storytelling!
• Dinosaurs Preschool Cutting Practice – These cutting practice pages are perfect for helping your preschoolers work on fine motor skills.
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Printable Winter Literacy Activities for Preschoolers - January 13, 2020
- The Mitten Story Printable and Activities - January 12, 2020
- Preschool Valentine’s Day Worksheets - January 9, 2020