This post may contain affiliate links.
Add one or more of these horse crafts to your letter of the week, farm, horse, or animal preschool themes. Perfect for preschoolers and young crafters!
With items you’ve likely got in your craft closet already, your preschoolers can make handprint horses, hobby horses, horse puppets, and more.
The hardest part about the crafts on this list is deciding which one to do first.
Horse Crafts for Kids
Add this fun H is for Horse craft to your letter of the week, horse, farm, or western homeschool preschool themes. Homeschool Preschool
I love this fun horse handprint craft. It’s a fun way to preserve your child’s handprint with a craft that fits your current theme. Crafty Morning
You can also try making a footprint horse craft. This is a fun alternative to a handprint craft. It also provides a unique sensory experience for little ones. Fun Handprint Art Blog
Your little ones won’t believe how easy it is to make this craft stick and yarn horse. Teach Preschool
This H is for Horse paper craft is great for building fine motor scissor skills. Schooling a Monkey
Preschoolers will love making and wearing a paper bag horse hat that they created themselves! A Little Pinch of Perfect
This no-sew horse puppet is sure to inspire hours of imaginative play. Red Ted Art
Print out the free template, and your little ones can assemble their H is for Horse craft in no time. A Dab of Glue Will Do
This lowercase “h” horse craft is a nice change if you are focusing on lowercase letters instead of uppercase ones. From ABCs to ACTs
This hobby horse craft has a free printable template to make it easier for little ones to complete. Messy Little Monster
You won’t believe how simple it is to turn a simple piece of cardboard into a horse for your small world play. Preschool Toolkit
Paper plate crafts are popular with preschoolers. This paper plate horse craft is sure to be a hit, and it can easily be transformed into a mask. DLTK Kids
Enhance Your Horse-Themed Activities
Horse Books for Kids
• My Pony – I want a pony. I want a pony more than anything in the world. At the heart of Susan Jeffers’s exquisite picture book lies the idea that in her imagination, a child can journey anywhere and do anything-even fly through the stars on her very own pony.
• The Smallest Horse – Children will delight in this heartwarming tale as they follow Trixie’s misadventures and ultimate realization that she does indeed have a very special purpose on the ranch.
• Little Ponies (Feel Real Books) – Ponies have tails and manes with hair that’s soft to touch. Boys and girls can also stroke a pony’s soft nose and a young foal’s velvety face.
Educational Horse Resources for Kids
• Montessori Wooden Horse Puzzle – Let children understand the structure of horse, understand the types of animal, develop children’s hands-on thinking skills, explore the joy and sense of accomplishment with children.
• Melissa and Doug Take-Along Show-Horse Stable – 8 toy horses stored in a wooden take-along stable for galloping good times!
• Wooden Jigsaw Letters and Numbers Horse Puzzle – The 26 building blocks are combined, one side is the letters of the alphabet, and the other side features the numbers 1 ~ 26.
Which of these horse crafts will you and your preschoolers try first?
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Winter Printables for Preschool - December 18, 2018
- Pinecone Preschool Snowman Craft - December 16, 2018
- Hands On Christmas Math Activities for Preschoolers - December 15, 2018