This post may contain affiliate links.
Do you have a dog lover in your house? We’ve got you covered! In this post, we will be sharing fun dog crafts and activities that preschoolers will love.
We will also share some interesting facts about dogs, as well as some great books to read if you want to learn more about these lovable creatures.
So whether you are a dog lover or not, this post is sure to interest and entertain you! Keep reading to find all of the fun dog activities that you can do with your preschoolers!
Fun Facts About Dogs
Dogs are one of the most popular pets in the world! They come in all shapes and sizes, and each one has a unique personality.
Here are some fun facts about dogs that your preschoolers might enjoy learning:
- Did you know that dogs can hear sounds up to four times as far away as humans? Or that they have about 30 different muscles in each ear? That means they can move their ears in all kinds of directions to help them hear better!
- Dogs also have a fantastic sense of smell. They have more than 220 million scent receptors in their noses, while humans have only about 5 million. That means dogs can smell things that we would never even notice!
- Another fun fact about dogs is that they come in lots of different colors. While most people think of black and brown dogs, there are over 300 different types of colors and patterns that dogs can be!
So, the next time you see a dog, remember these fun facts and share them with your friends.
Dog Books for Preschoolers
If your preschooler is interested in learning more about dogs, here are some great books to check out:
– Phoebe Cakes and Friends: An Alphabet Tale by Michelle Dumont – Come along with Phoebe and her tail-wagging, four-legged friends to learn your ABCs, one giggle at a time! Toddlers will love the sweet illustrations and the gentle introduction to 26 dog breeds!
– Dogs by Gail Gibbons – A young reader’s introduction to the world of dogs explores the physical characteristics, behavior, and special senses of purebreds, crossbreeds, and mongrels, accompanied by practical information on how to care for puppies and dogs.
– Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion – This funny picture book is about a strong-willed dog who really doesn’t want a bath.
– Can I Be Your Dog? by Troy Cummings – A heart-tugging dog adoption story told through letters–deeply sincere and almost desperate pleas for a forever home–from the dog, himself!
Dog Activities for Preschoolers
Here are some fun dog activities that your preschoolers will love:
– Make a Dog House: This is a great activity for kids who love to build and create. You can use cardboard boxes, paper towel rolls, or any other materials you have on hand to make a dog house. Be sure to decorate it with paint, markers, or whatever else you like!
– Play Fetch: This is a classic dog activity that kids will love. All you need is a ball or toy and a little bit of space. Take turns throwing the ball or toy and see how far your dog can fetch it!
– Go on a Dog Walk: This is a great activity for getting some fresh air. Go on a walk around your neighborhood and see how many different dog breeds you can spot!
If you're looking for some fun dog crafts to do with your preschoolers, we've got you covered!
Here are a few of our favorites:
Dog Craft Preschool Kids Will Love
Make this adorable dog craft out of paper for an easy craft whenever you need it.
Preschool Dog Craft
Perfect for acting out your child’s favorite dog-themed stories, you’ve got to try this preschool dog craft.
Cardboard Tube Dog: The Farm Series
This adorable farm dog craft is perfect for any child who loves or grew up with a farm dog.
How to Make a Paper Bag Dog Valentine Craft for Kids
This paper bag dog craft is perfect for Valentine’s Day or whenever you want to have a cute fluffy dog craft.
Paper puppy puppets craft for kids
Make your own paper puppy puppets for fun pretend play activities for your kids.
Paper Bag Dog Craft For Kids
This easy DIY paper bag dog is so easy to make, and his huge ears make him even more adorable.
Paper Bag Dog Puppet
Use a paper bag to make this adorable furry friend, and he even has a collar!
Craft Stick Puppy Dog Craft
This craft stick puppy craft is so cute and perfect for any dog lover.
Dog Headband Craft For Kids [Free Template]
Your kids will love making this fun dog handband craft. They can use this printable template for easy crafting.
Toy Story Slinky Dog Craft
What kid doesn’t love slinky? This adorable slinky craft is so fun to make.
Paper Plate Dog Craft For Kids [Free Template]
This paper dog craft is so easy to make and great for last-minute craft lovers.
Paper Plate Dalmatian: making a fun and easy paper plate craft
Create your own paper plate dalmatian using this easy-to-follow tutorial.
Pug Dog Paper Bag Puppet Craft [Free Printable Template]
If your kids love pugs, they must try this fun pug dog paper bag puppet craft.
Footprint Puppy Dog Craft for Kids
Use your child’s footprint to make this easy footprint dog craft.
D is for Dog Alphabet Craft
Teach your kids about the letter D and make this fun dog craft!
Paper Plate Clifford Craft for Kids (Big Red Dog)
If your kids are big Clifford fans, they will love making this fun paper plate craft.
Puppy Dog Crafts for Kids
Make two different kinds of cool dog crafts in this awesome dog craft post!
Dog Paper Roll Craft
Make a dog out of a paper roll with this fun and easy-to-follow tutorial.
Put your YAY into Friday with Puppy Dog Pals (& Kids Craft)
If your kids love puppy dog pals, they will love this easy and fun dog craft!
Paper Roll Dog Craft
Your kids will love making this easy and fun paper roll dog craft.