This post may contain affiliate links.
Decorate your preschool room with one or more of these kids scarecrow crafts. They’re perfect for your autumn themed lessons.
One of my favorite things about autumn is decorating with scarecrows. While I’ve never made a scarecrow from scratch, I love to add store-bought scarecrows to my front porch and flower beds in the fall.
Your preschoolers will love the variety of scarecrow crafts featured in today’s post. With over 20 ideas to choose from, you can’t go wrong no matter which one you start with.
Kids Scarecrow Craft
• After reading your favorite scarecrow story, kids can make their own paper scarecrow. This scarecrow art project comes with a free printable template. The Wise Owl Factory
• Preschoolers can work on letter recognition as they decorate their scarecrow with letter patches. Growing Book by Book
• Whether you use craft foam or construction paper, this silly scarecrow is sure to be a hit with your little ones. Homeschool Preschool
• Print out the free template, and your kids can make their own scarecrow paper doll. It is sure to inspire hours of imaginative play. East Coast Mommy Blog
• These paper bag scarecrows are fun to make, and they’re simple enough for kids of all ages. Pint Sized Treasures
• This stick puppet scarecrow is the perfect sequencing activity to use as a follow up to There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves. The Preschool Toolbox
• You won’t believe how easy it is to create this fall scarecrow snack! It’s a great snack to eat alongside your child’s favorite scarecrow stories. Primary Playground
• This scarecrow jack-in-the-box may require a bit of adult help, but your preschoolers will love watching him pop out of the box over and over again! The Joy of Sharing
• How about helping your little ones create a large paper bag scarecrow they can put in your flower pot this fall? Crafts By Amanda
• A scarecrow-pumpkin photo frame is great for displaying a picture of your little one at the pumpkin patch! Artsy Craftsy Mom
• For a fun, festive art project this fall, have your preschoolers create a scarecrow silhouette art project. School Time Snippets
• I’ve never crafted with black glue before, but I’m intrigued by these black glue scarecrow puppets. I bet your preschoolers will love making some. The Pinterested Parent
• A cardboard tube scarecrow is just one of nine Halloween characters featured in this post. Artsy Momma
• Teach your preschoolers the Five Little Scarecrows rhyme, and use the free printables to help them act out the rhyme. The Preschool Toolbox
• Kids can make a few of these simple paper roll scarecrows to act out their favorite scarecrow stories. Non-Toy Gifts
• Here’s yet another simple toilet paper roll scarecrow craft that your preschoolers can make this fall. Still Playing School
• Use the free printable template to make a scarecrow moveable paper puppet! In fact, they’re so cute your little ones will want to make a whole family of them. Red Ted Art
• Kids can make an easy scarecrow corner bookmark to mark their spot in a favorite scarecrow story. Red Ted Art
• After reading The Scarecrows’ Wedding, kids can create a paper bag scarecrow couple to reenact the story. Crafts on Sea
• Instead of a predictable paper plate craft, how about making a paper bowl scarecrow craft. I Heart Crafty Things
With so many choices, which kids scarecrow craft will you choose first?