This post may contain affiliate links.
Let your little ones play with their dinosaur food with this Digging for Dinosaurs pudding snack! Young dinosaur fans will dig it!
I know. That was kind of cheesy! But, it’s so true. Your little dinosaur fans will love helping you make (and eat) this digging for dinosaurs pudding snack.
It’s the perfect snack to serve at your dinosaur-themed birthday parties or in conjunction with your upcoming dinosaur activities for preschool.
Gummy dinosaurs, candy rocks, cookies, and pudding combine to make this a snack your kids are sure to love!
Dinosaur Food: Digging for Dinosaurs Snack
The best part of this snack is letting your kids help you create it. With a little supervision from Mom, older preschoolers can probably do most of it on their own.
And, of course, kids of all ages will want to eat it!
What You’ll Need
• 1 pkg Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
• 1 pkg Chocolate Rocks Candy
• 1 pkg Gummy Dinosaurs
• Mini Clothespins
• Glue Stick
• Green Paper
• Black Marker
• Green Candy Shred or Colored Coconut (Optional)
What You’ll Do
Prepare pudding according to package directions and set in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or until firm.
Cut small circles out of the paper and write Dinggin’ for Dinos on each one. Then, glue each circle onto the front of a clothespin.
Take the cookies apart and scrape off most of the white filling and discard. Crush the cookies until it looks like dirt.
Set the cups out and start layering the ingredients. Add a layer of crushed cookies, then a layer of pudding. Toss in some gummy dinosaurs and some chocolate rocks.
Repeat the layers again until the cups are full. Make sure you end with a little bit of cookie dirt, gummies, and chocolate rocks.
Clip one of your little signs on each cup, and sprinkle some green candy shred in a few places to look like grass.
Will you serve this dinosaur food for an afternoon snack or at your kiddo’s birthday party?
BOOKS ABOUT DINOSAURS
Fill your book basket with a great collection of preschool books about dinosaurs. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore. If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
• How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? – Composed of familiar bedtime scenes, this is the perfect book to read and share with your child right before they go to sleep. With delightfully and humorously drawn illustrations that never grow tiresome or ordinary, it will instantly become one of your child’s favorites on its way to becoming a classic.
• Dinosaurs Love Underpants – This wacky celebration of underpants is perfect for reading aloud, and the hilarious antics of T. rex and the gang are endlessly entertaining.
• The Berenstain Bears’ Dinosaur Dig – When Brother and Sister visit the Bearsonian Museum, they luck out. A real dinosaur dig is taking place! What sort of fossils will they find? A Stegosaurus? A Spinosaurus? The mighty Tyrannosaurus rex? Dig in with the Berenstain Bears and find out!