This post may contain affiliate links.
Download these FREE strawberry preschool printables. They will help preschoolers practice shapes, ABCs, counting, and more!
Summer is the perfect time to reinforce the concepts you’ve been working on all year in your homeschool preschool. It’s also the perfect time to add in some fun new themes such as strawberries, weather, and the ocean.
Do you and your kids look forward to going to the strawberry patch in the summer? We do. We love coming home with strawberries and making strawberry shortcake. We also slice them up and put them in salads, cereal, and on our ice cream.
This year, we’re going to try our hand at growing strawberries in one of the flower beds in our new house. Hopefully, since we’ll be in a more urban area, we won’t have problems with rabbits and deer eating them like we do now.
Anyhow… summer is a great time to add strawberry-themed printables, books, and activities to your homeschool preschool.
Engage your preschoolers this summer with these printable activities. Inside the strawberry preschool printables pack you’ll find the following activities:
• Counting Puzzle: Print on cardstock and laminate the puzzle. Cut it into ten strips, mix up the pieces, and have your child reassemble the puzzle. This activity helps them with number recognition and ordering numbers from 1-10.
• Fine Motor Activities: Print the maze and dot-to-dot on cardstock and laminate for durability and longevity. If you don’t want to laminate the pages, you can slip them in a dry erase pouch. This way, your kids can use them over and over again.
• Letter Find: This page helps work on reading preparedness by having preschoolers recognize the letters S and s among other letters of the alphabet.
• Tracing Mat: This activity page can be used in a variety of ways. One way is to laminate it, and let kids practice tracing the letters on the page. Another way, is to turn it into a playdough mat. Use playdough to trace the big letters at the top of the page. They can also use playdough to create their own strawberry on the page. Then, use dry erase markers to trace the word strawberry on the bottom of the mat.
• ABC Cards: The alphabet cards can be used in a variety of ways, as well. Use them for matching games. Kids can match uppercase and lowercase letters. If you print two copies, they can match upper to upper and lower to lower, as well. Mix them up, and let kids put them in the correct order. Or, use them to spell out strawberry-themed words.
• Trace the Words: This page is designed to give young learners some writing practice. They’ll write themed words on the lines.
Strawberry Life Cycle
Summer is the best time of year to study strawberries. This strawberry life cycle bundle features 21 hands-on activities!
• Count and Clip Cards: Children will practice counting items in sets of 1-12. They can use work on building fine motor muscles as they clip the correct answer with a clothespin or paper clip. You can make this a self-checking activity by putting a small sticker on the back of the card under the correct answer.
• Strawberry Shapes: Kids will look at the shaped strawberries, and clip the matching 2D shape.
•Which One is Different?: Students will use their visual discrimination skills to determine which strawberry in each row is different.
•What Comes Next?: Cut out the images at the bottom of the page. Paste one in the box at the end of each row to finish the AB patterns.
• Number Words: Students will count objects in each box, and trace the number word.
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT STRAWBERRIESFill your book basket with a great collection of books about strawberries. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore. If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear – Little Mouse will do all he can to save his strawberry from the Big, Hungry Bear, even if it means sharing it with the reader.
What a Strawberry Grow – Vibrant, full-color photos and carefully leveled text will engage young readers as they learn about how this delicious berry is grown and harvested.
Evie and the Strawberry Balloon Ride – Evie is determined to win first prize at the Strawberry Fair with her amazing hot-air balloon! But on the way to the competition the creatures of Wildberry Acres need her help. What is most important to Evie: winning or helping others?
Download Your Strawberry Preschool Printables.
Sign up for my newsletter by clicking on the button below, and you’ll receive this freebie as a thank you! Enjoy!