Our free Mardi Gras worksheets for kids are a perfect way to introduce preschoolers to the fun and festive holiday .
Introducing your preschoolers to different cultures and celebrations can be a great way to broaden their horizons.
Mardi Gras is one of those festivals that comes with plenty of fun activities, colors and music – all the right ingredients for an educational experience.
They’ll learn all about the traditions, have fun with free preschool printables and create colorful and artsy projects.
These free printables are perfect for your Mardi Gras theme and lesson plans for preschool and kindergarten kiddos.
Mardi Gras Worksheets for Kids
Our free holiday printables are a great way to introduce the culture and customs of this fun holiday to preschoolers.
The worksheets come with fun activities and projects that will help children learn about the traditions of Mardi Gras.
The printable includes preschool coloring pages, handwriting practice sheets, visual discrimination practice, and more.
These worksheets are great for helping kids learn about the holiday while having fun. They can be used in the classroom, in homeschool co-ops, and during story time at the library.
What You’ll Need
- printer paper
- crayons and colored pencils
- 8 color and trace worksheets featuring various Mardi Gras icons
- 1 matching page
- 1 pre-writing line tracing page
- 5 handwriting practice pages focusing on the letters L, H, W, F, and M
- 1 color by number featuring numbers 1-7
- 1 count and graph page
- 1 size sorting page
- 1 count and color page featuring numbers 1-10
Completing the Activity
To get started, you’ll need to print off the worksheets. Laminate any pages you’d like to make reusable. Or, you can slip them in a dry erase pocket.
Once the worksheets are printed, grab your crayons or colored pencils and instruct your preschooler on how to complete each page.
Learning About Different Cultures
It is important for children to learn about different cultures and holidays because it can help them understand more about the world.
Learning about different cultures can be fun too, with activities like coloring pages, music and more.
Our Mardi Gras worksheets can help your little ones learn about this celebration, its traditions and its importance in the culture.
Tips for Parents
Learning new things is always more fun when there’s an activity involved. Here are some tips to help you use our Mardi Gras worksheets with your little ones:
1. Start off by explaining the basic concepts of Mardi Gras and why it is celebrated.
2. Let them explore the different activities and projects included in our free printable Mardi Gras activities.
3. Offer help with any fun Mardi Gras activities that might be too challenging for them, or provide additional resources if needed.
4. Encourage your kids to make the projects their own and let their creativity shine!
5. Have plenty of art supplies available so they can color, decorate and create as much as they want.
6. Make sure to discuss the activity afterwards and ask questions about what they have learned from it.
7. Celebrate their work by displaying the projects around your house or taking photos of them.
Mardi Gras Ideas for Preschoolers
Are you looking for more Mardi Gras crafts and activities to do with your preschoolers?
We’ve gathered some of our favorites so you have plenty to choose from as you look for activities to supplement your upcoming lessons.
Mardi Gras Books for Preschoolers
Reading picture books is a great way to introduce young children to the world of Mardi Gras.
The pictures and stories help them understand the concepts in a fun, engaging way.
In addition, they are able to develop their imagination and practice their creativity as they work through the different activities.
Picture books also provide an opportunity for kids to learn about the different characters, their history and traditions.
Here are some of our favorite Mardi Gras children’s books that you can use with your kiddos:
Jenny Giraffe’s Mardi Gras Ride – Riding along with Jenny Giraffe, children learn all there is to know about this spirited holiday! Discover the history of Mardi Gras from king cakes and festive colors to parades, floats, and “throws”!
Mimi’s First Mardi Gras – Colorful illustrations of the rich cultural celebration re-create the look and mood of Carnival.
Mardi Gras – In Mardi Gras, early readers will learn about this American festival and the ways people celebrate it.
Crafts to Celebrate Mardi Gras
Mardi Gras is a fun and exciting holiday celebrated around the world, with its own unique customs and traditions. And what better way to teach preschoolers about this amazing celebration than through crafts?
Crafts are an excellent way for your little ones to learn new concepts in a creative and engaging manner.
These fun-filled activities will help them understand the importance of Mardi Gras while having lots of fun at the same time.
- Preschoolers will love making their very own Mardi Gras mask with construction paper and beads.
- Kids can make their own duct tape Mardi Gras beads and then string them into a necklace or bracelet.
- DIY Mardi Gras fluffy slime provides a fun sensory activity for little ones.
Mardi Gras Printables for Preschoolers
Mardi Gras is a unique holiday celebrated all over the world, and it’s important to introduce children to its customs and traditions.
Our Mardi Gras printables for preschoolers are an excellent way to help them learn about this vibrant celebration in a creative and engaging manner.
The printables featured below will give your little ones lots of opportunities to explore the different aspects of Mardi Gras while having fun at the same time.
Mardi Gras is a fun and exciting holiday that has been celebrated for centuries.
Introducing preschoolers to the customs, traditions, and activities of Mardi Gras can help them develop an appreciation for different cultures while having lots of fun in the process.
Our selection of worksheets, books, crafts and printables provide parents with plenty of resources to choose from when it comes to teaching their little ones about this festive celebration.
With these tools at your disposal you’ll have no problem introducing your kids to all the wonders of Mardi Gras!