This gingerbread theme preschool pack is perfect to use alongside the story, but it works well as a stand-alone unit, as well!
With a wide variety of math and literacy activities, there’s something in this gingerbread-themed pack for a wide range of ages and stages.
These free preschool printables are a great addition to your preschool lessons. With 20 fun-filled pages, you can add them to your math and literacy centers or bind them into a workbook for your little ones to work through.
Gingerbread Theme Preschool Pack
This pack of gingerbread activities includes a variety of pages which focus on math, literacy, motor skills, and more.
As your preschoolers work through these pages, they’ll learn the alphabet, work on handwriting, build motor skills, and much more.
IN THIS PACK…
Inside this 20-page gingerbread man printable, you’ll find the following activities that are perfect for preschoolers:
• alphabet handwriting page
• ABC matching cards – Laminate the cards and cut them apart. Have kids match the uppercase and lowercase letters.
• Beginning sounds clip cards – Great for building fine motor skills!
• Describe it – Kids will write descriptive words in each of the circles on the page.• Letter hunt – Search of all the letters G and g
• Handwriting pages – Features letters C, F, G, H, P, and S
• Copywork – Kids will trace and write a line from the story
• Puppets – Laminate the pages and cut them out. Glue them to craft sticks to be used as puppets for retelling the story.
• What begins with…? – Kids will find objects that begin with the same beginning sounds – features C, F, and H
PRESCHOOL GINGERBREAD STORIES
Fill your book basket with a great collection of gingerbread man stories. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
The Gingerbread Girl – The lonely old woman and the lonely old man decide to bake a girl this time, but when they open the oven, she runs off like her brother did. Never fear, this smart cookie has a plan to outfox the fox. Will it work? Let’s just say that the ending is sweet for everyone.
The Gingerbread Man – The freshly baked Gingerbread Man escapes from the oven and outruns all those who try to catch him. But will he be able to avoid the clever fox or end up as his tasty snack?
Gingerbread Baby – It all begins when Matti opens the oven too soon and out jumps a cheeky little Gingerbread Bay. He leads Matti’s mother and father, the dog and the cat. And a whole colorful cast of characters on a rollicking chase through the village and into the forest, staying just out of reach, daring them to catch him along the way.
Your toddler or preschooler is going to have a ton of fun playing and learning and playing with this
felt Gingerbread cookie set! It’s a wonderful alternative to hard plastic play food.
Boost fine motor and early STEM skills as kids build sweet structures with sticks, swirls, gumdrops, and more with this Candy Construction Building Set.
Discover 21 engaging gingerbread man stories! Each one is sure to be a hit this Christmas season. They make great holiday read-alouds, too!