This post may contain affiliate links.
Summer time brings picnics, and picnics bring ants. Teach your little ones about ants with this mini pack of A is for Ant preschool printables.
Add these free preschool printables to your summertime learning activities. The one-page idea sheet contains seven ideas for preschoolers. From songs to snacks and so much in between, don’t miss this awesome preschool pack.
Ant Preschool Printables
In a recent email, many of my readers stated they prefer learning activities divided into subject and day. As I work my way to providing full learning packs structured in that way, I thought I’d start with some mini-packs that you can print and use right now!
To start, print out the activity page and gather your supplies. The A is for Ant activity page includes a short book list and six ant-themed activities preschoolers will enjoy.
To complete the activities in this pack, you will need a printer. You can also laminate some of the pages to make them reusable, but that is optional.
You’ll also need the following supplies if you intend to complete all of the activities:
• snack: celery, raisins, and nut butter
• a black or red ink pad
• plastic ant model (optional)
A is for Ant
This pack includes the following activities:
• Math: Count ant parts. Show your child pictures of ants, or use a plastic ant model. Count body parts, antenna, legs, etc. Then, let your child complete the ant counting page.
• Snack: Make “ant logs” with celery, nut butter, and raisins.
• Literacy: Ant starts with Aa. Go on a search for things that begin with the letter A. Then, complete the A is for Ant activity sheet.
• Science: Use the plastic ant model or pictures of ants to discuss parts of the ant. This would also be a good time to teach preschoolers why ants are insects. Now let them complete the labeling page included in this mini pack.
• Create: Use playdough to make an ant. Be sure to include all the body sections. Use pipe cleaners to make legs and antenna.
• Song: Teach your preschoolers “The Ants Go Marching”.
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT ANTS
Fill your book basket with a great collection of books about ants. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Are You an Ant? – Give children who love to track ants an inside look at the everyday life of this fascinating insect, as they explore the similarities and differences to themselves.
The Life and Times of an Ant – Seed lifters, dirt diggers, social beings, ants have the most advanced brain of all insects! So watch where you step, especially on a warm day: a small but mighty ant may be underfoot.
The Magic School Bus Gets Ants in the Pants – Filming Keesha’s pet ant for a science project fair, the students in Ms. Frizzle’s class take a journey into the lives of ants during which they learn many fascinating facts about the ant community.
Add a fun The Ants Go Marching felt set to your literacy center, and kids can act out the rhyme over and over again.
Download Your Printables
This A is for Ant mini-pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.