Focus on early math and literacy skills when you add this Turkey Trouble printable to your holiday preschool lessons.
These no-prep book-based activity pages make the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving activities for preschoolers.
Kids love the story, and you can extend the learning with these fun worksheets.
Don’t miss these free preschool printables! They’re perfect for your Thanksgiving or turkey-themed lesson plans!
Turkey Trouble Printable
These print-and-go Turkey Trouble printables are perfect for preschoolers. They’ll love digging into the story with these activities.
Turkey Trouble Activities
Preschool and kindergarten children will love these hands-on activities, and they’re perfect for helping little ones engage with the story.
When reading Turkey Trouble, you can add one of more of these activities to your to-do list:
• This Thanksgiving, make this adorable toilet paper roll turkey craft with your preschoolers.
• If you’re looking for a fun Thanksgiving craft to do with your preschoolers, look no further! This watercolor paper plate turkey craft is so easy to make.
• Looking for new alphabet games for preschoolers? Don’t miss these turkey-themed alphabet games that are perfect for your lessons this Thanksgiving!
• Preschoolers will love this Thanksgiving Colors sorting activity! Add these Thanksgiving activities to your preschool math center for November.
Turkey Trouble Book Companion
Kids ages 3-7 will love diving into the story of Llama Llama and his friends. These print-and-go worksheets will help you do just that.
• Color and Trace – Color the pictures of Turkey and his friends on the farm. Then, trace the words at the bottom of each page.
• Counting – Count the feathers on the turkeys. Identify the correct number.
• Color Words – Read the color words and color the turkeys accordingly.
• Letter Tracing – Trace the letters and words. Color the picture, if desired. Letters featured include Tt, Hh, Cc, Pp, Rr, and Ff.
• Dab It – Use dot markers to build each letter. Then, color the picture. Letters featured include t, h, c, p r and f.
• Beginning Sounds – Cut and paste the objects that begin with t, h, c, p, r, and f.
• Tracing – Trace the lines from left to right.
• Cutting – Cut on the dotted lines from the bottom of the page to the top.
• Vocabulary – Name the picture, and trace the word.
• Disguise it – Kids will color their turkey and create a disguise.
• Tracing – Trace the uppercase alphabet, lowercase alphabet, and numbers from 1-20.
• Cutting practice – Color the turkey and cut it out on the dotted line.
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT THANKSGIVING
Fill your book basket with a great collection of Thanksgiving picture books. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
How to Catch a Turkey – A turkey is running loose in a school right before a Thanksgiving play. Can YOU help catch it? Follow along as students turn their school upside down trying to catch the turkey, ending with a twist that ensures no turkeys are harmed (or eaten!).
Turkey Trouble – Turkey is in trouble. Bad trouble. The kind of trouble where it’s almost Thanksgiving . . . and you’re the main course. But Turkey has an idea–what if he doesn’t look like a turkey? What if he looks like another animal instead?
10 Fat Turkeys – Girls and boys will gobble up this hilarious story about ten goofy turkeys and their silly antics: swinging from a vine, strutting on a boar, doing a noodle dance, and more.
Do you smell that? Is it fall or your new pumpkin pie play dough kit. This homemade pumpkin scented play dough kit is perfect as a party favor, holiday goody bag or even a fun activity at home.
Welcome autumn and encourage creativity in your children with this fall-themed felt creations busy bag. Practice counting and exploring patterns as you put on the turkey’s feathers.
Turkey Trouble Printables
When you present your child with this book-based activity pack, they’ll strengthen their fine motor skills, practice early math and reading skills, and have tons of fun doing it.
You can purchase the entire 38-page book companion in my shop. Just click the button below.