This post may contain affiliate links.
These The Luckiest St. Patrick’s Day Ever activities are a great way to bring this holiday book to life with your preschoolers.
As you begin preparing your St. Patrick’s Day preschool activities, be sure to leave room in your schedule for a few good stories. Kids will love following the Leprechaun family through their holiday celebrations.
Let’s dive a little deeper into the story, and discover some fun activities you can do with your preschoolers.
The Luckiest St. Patrick’s Day Ever Activities
Spring is just around the corner, and with it comes St. Patrick’s Day. The Luckiest St. Patrick’s Day Ever! is a fun story to share with your preschoolers in March.
Kids will love the fun, rhyming text of this story as they follow the Leprechaun family home for the holiday.
Hands On Activities
After reading the story with your preschoolers, talk about rhyming words. The story is written in rhyme. Go over the rhymes in the story. Then, call out words and let your preschoolers name words that rhyme.
The Leprechaun family is wearing green. Send your kids on a scavenger hunt around the room, and see what green things they can find.
St. Patrick’s Day is on March 17. Have preschoolers count to 17. Write the number 17. What numbers make up seventeen?
St Patrick’s Day Books for Preschool
Fill your book basket with a great collection of St Patrick’s Day children’s books. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
What’s Included in This Printable?
Your preschoolers will enjoy these fun preschool St. Patrick’s Day activities. In this free preschool printable, you’ll find the following activities:
• Color and trace: Kids will color the picture and trace the word at the bottom of the page. This pack includes a leprechaun, shamrock, and pot of gold.
• Handwriting: Trace the letters, and trace the sentence at the bottom of the page. Features letters G and L.
• Trace the lines: Kids can trace the lines from left to right. This is a great fine motor activity and perfect for prewriting practice.
• Counting practice: Kids will identify numbers and color the same number of pictures. Also, kids will count shamrocks in a field and identify the correct number.
• Letter match: Kids will match uppercase and lowercase letters.
• and more!
More St. Patrick’s Day Fun
Add this gorgeous Lucky leprechaun peg doll to your pretend play area for hours of imaginative play.
This small St Patrick’s Day themed play dough kit is perfect for providing hours of squishy fun play! The kit is packed completely full of fun loose parts to inspire imaginative play!
Download Your Printables
This book companion is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.