This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for a new printable pack to use with your preschoolers? Don’t miss these pet activities for preschool! Fun math and literacy activities.
These free preschool printables are are designed to teach early math and literacy skills with a fun pet theme. With a variety of activity pages, there is something in this pack for a wide variety of ages and stages.
These printables are sure to be a great addition to your preschool lessons. This pack includes 30 pages that you can add to your math and literacy centers.
To make this pack portable, you can bind them into a workbook for your little ones to work through.
Pet Activities for Preschool
This fun new pet-themed printable is packed full of brand new activity pages for your little learners. I’m introducing some new activities in addition to some reader favorites. In this packet, you’ll find the following activities:
• Sorting mats – Kids will cut and paste animals according to whether they can be pets or not.
• Handwriting pages – Preschoolers will practice handwriting as they learn interesting facts about birds, cats, dogs, frogs, rabbits, and more.
• “-at” and “-og” word family pages – Cut out the letter strip. Kids will use it to create words from the -at and -og word families.•
• Beginning sounds – Print, laminate, and cut apart the cards. Have kids identify the pet on each card, and clip its beginning sound.
• Syllables – Print, laminate, and cut apart the cards. Have kids identify the pet on each card, and clip the number of syllables.
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT PETS
Fill your book basket with a great collection of books about pets. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Can I Be Your Dog? – A heart-tugging dog adoption story told through letters–deeply sincere and almost desperate pleas for a forever home–from the dog, himself!
The Perfect Pet – A funny book to share with kids who really, really, REALLY want a pet!
Oh, the Pets You Can Get! – The Cat and Co. take off to the faraway land of Gerpletz where they know quite a lot about caring for pets—especially cats, dogs, guinea pigs, birds, and bunnies!
More Pet Fun
Your kids will squeal when they see these customized pet pillows that look just like their favorite pet (or the one they’ve been dreaming of)!
Download Your Printables
This P is for Pets printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.