This post may contain affiliate links.
Planning a bee themed unit for your young learners? This preschool bee craft is perfect! With just a few supplies, your kids can make a fun bee hive craft.
I love taking household items and turning them into fun craft projects. Your kids will be buzzing with excitement when you share this bee craft for preschool kiddos.
Gather a few household items, and you’re all set to create a fun beehive craft with your preschoolers. Add this to your Letter B lessons, insect lessons, or spring/summer lessons. It’s a perfect fit!
Preschool Bee Craft
If this doesn’t become your preschoolers’ favorite bug craft, I’ll be very surprised!
What You’ll Need
• black sharpie
• glue gun
• paint brush
• white construction paper
• cardboard tubes
What You’ll Do
Start by making the bee hive. To do so, cut the cardboard tubes into 1″ wide rings. Fold the rings in half. Unfold and fold in half again until your ring has a hexagonal shape. They don’t need to be perfect.
Once the rings are all folded, pick two and add a dot of glue to connect them. Continue building out until your beehive is the desired shape and size.
To make the bees, you can purchase yellow ping pong balls. Or, you can have your preschoolers paint them with yellow craft paint.
Once the paint is dry, draw a circle for the face using the black sharpie. Add two eyes, a nose, and a mouth.
Draw black rings around the ping pong balls for the bees’ stripes. Add a small triangle on the side opposite the face. This is the bee’s stinger.
Cut a small pipe cleaner piece and fold it into a ‘v’ shape. Glue it to the bee’s face for his antenna.
Cut out two oval shapes from white construction paper. Make sure there is a little tab on the side of each wing.
Fold the wing on the tab and add a drop of glue. Attach it to the bee.
If you want to have your bee ‘fly’ attach a piece of fishing line to the bee and to the hive. Fishing line is great because it looks almost invisible!
Enhance Your Activity Time
If you’d like to round out your bee-themed activity time, don’t miss these posts that I’ve written in the past:
• Engaging Hands-On Activities Exploring Bees for Kids – Engaging, hands-on activities exploring bees for kids! Kids will love learning about honey bees with these fun facts and hands-on activities.
• Bee Books for Toddlers – 9 of our favorite bee books for toddlers! Engage your little ones this spring and summer with this great collection of board books featuring bees.
• Nonfiction Books About Bees – Preschoolers are sponges ready to soak up new things all the time. So, teach them about bees with these nonfiction picture books about bees.
• Educational Preschool Bee Themed Printables – Explore this wonderful collection of free preschool bee themed printables that focus on math, science, and literacy. There’s even a fun craft template for your little ones.
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Easter Printable Learning Pack for Preschoolers - March 21, 2019
- Easter Egg Paper Plate Craft for Kids - March 20, 2019
- Preschool Easter Activities the Whole Family Will Enjoy - March 19, 2019