From number recognition to counting to beginning math skills, don’t miss these engaging math activities for preschoolers!
I love teaching preschoolers. Everything is new and fresh and every acquired skill is such an accomplishment! Math is no exception.
Whether you’re looking for math printables or hands-on activities, check out this amazing collection of preschool and kindergarten math activities.
Math Activities for Preschoolers
Some kids love worksheets! Some teachers need them to provide proof that the concept has been taught. Many parents love to see them so they know what they’re preschooler has been working on.
These math printables will help you introduce, teach, and reinforce preschool math concepts.
Preschool Math Printables
• Counting Fun with Johnny Appleseed for Preschoolers – Young learners will have fun practicing their counting skills with this free activity featuring Johnny Appleseed for preschool.
• Autumn Count and Clip Cards Bundle – Fill your preschool math centers with these autumn count and clip cards. Crows, pumpkins, sunflowers, and leaves adorn the cards in this printable bundle!
• Fall Leaves Math and Literacy Fun – Add these preschool leaf theme math and literacy printables to your autumn plans. Focus on the alphabet, numbers, and fine motor skills!
• Ten Apples Up On Top Preschool Math Activities – Bring the story to life when you add these Ten Apples Up on Top to your early learning math centers. Counting to ten has never been so fun!
• Zoo-Themed Preschool Math Worksheets – Download these free zoo-themed preschool math worksheets which focus on counting, adding and subtracting, and sequencing by attribute.
• 8 Bee Themed Math Activities for Preschoolers – These honey bee math activities for preschoolers are perfect for your springtime homeschool lessons. Focus on counting, adding, and number identification with these printable pages.
• Free Preschool Frog Math Game for Counting and Addition – Preschoolers will enjoy playing this hands-on frog math game to help them practice counting and addition to ten. This fun math frog game is a fantastic addition to your spring homeschool lessons.
• Hands-On Preschool Math for St. Patrick’s Day – St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and there’s no better way to celebrate than a super fun preschool math activity! Preschoolers will love sorting, counting, and graphing with a little leprechaun’s favorite food.
• Spider Web Counting Mats – Discover a great nonfiction spider book for kids, a fun salt painted spider web craft, and a spider-themed math printable! Perfect for October!
Practice counting from 1 to 20 with these ocean count and clip cards. They’re perfect for counting, number recognition, and fine motor skills!
Download these free zoo math worksheets which focus on counting, adding and subtracting, and sequencing by attribute.
Your preschoolers will love counting to ten with these Easter egg math mats! Focus on number recognition, number words, and counting.
Kids can practice number recognition and counting to ten with these Easter count and clip cards. They are great for fine motor practice, too.
Your preschoolers will love practicing counting to ten with these apple math activities. There are four engaging activities to choose from!
Hands-On Math Fun
• Hands-On Way to Teach Shapes for Kids – This hands-on activity not only teaches shapes for kids, but it focuses on fine and gross motor skills at the same time. Preschoolers will love it!
• Fall Patterns Preschool Activity – Learning patterns at an early age builds predicting, observation and analyzing skills. Try this simple fall patterns preschool activity!
• Hands-On Preschool Activities for Math, Literacy, and Science – Learning is more fun when it’s hands-on. Ditch the worksheets and engage your young learners with this collection of over 100 hands-on preschool activities for math, literacy, and science.
• 30+ Hands-On Preschool Math Activities – Ditch the workbooks and printables! Teach counting, math facts, and more with these hands-on preschool math activities.
• 5 Hands-On Ways to Teach Preschool Math with Marshmallows – Are you looking for hands-on ways to teach preschool math? Discover seven hands-on ideas for teaching math with marshmallows!
• Hands-On Halloween Counting Fun for Preschoolers – Practice counting to ten with this “Counting Spooky Spider Eyes” hands-on Halloween math activity for preschoolers. Perfect for Halloween, spider, and bug preschool units.
Are you looking for a few hands-on Christmas math activities for preschoolers? I’ve got what you need! Check out more than twenty awesome ideas.
More Fun Math Activities for Preschoolers
• Easy Ways to Use Montessori Math on a Budget by Natural Beach Living
• Hands-On Counting Activities for Preschoolers by Rainy Day Mum
• Free Printable Math Game Pete the Cat Inspired by Crystal and Co.
Resources for Preschool Math
What are your favorite math activities for preschoolers? Be sure to leave a comment below, and let me know!