Preschool Insect Theme Printables
This post may contain affiliate links.
Preschoolers will work on early math and literacy skills with this pack of preschool insect theme printables. 50 pages of learning fun!
Summer is here, and the backyard is coming back to life. The trees are budding. The flowers and blooming. The birds are chirping. And, the insects are buzzing and crawling and flying around.
If your preschooler loves exploring bugs and other creepy crawly things in nature, they’ll love these insect printables for preschoolers. These free preschool printables are full of learning activities that are perfect for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners.
Bug Theme Preschool Pack
All you need to get started on these worksheet is a printer and a laminator (optional). You can laminate the handwriting pages, 3-part and alphabet cards, and the spelling mats, if you’d like. This makes the page more durable.
Inside this pack of free insect printables, you’ll find the following learning activities:
• 3-Part Cards – 3-Part cards can be used to identify objects. One set of cards has the name at the bottom. The second set has the bug card and a name strip. Have preschoolers match the bug card to the name strip. Then, check their work with the other set of cards.
• Alphabet Matching Cards – Print out and laminate the alphabet cards. Cut each card in two. Have preschoolers match uppercase and lowercase letters.
• Addition Practice – If your kids are ready to work on beginning addition, they’re going to love this page. They’ll work on addition facts from 0-5.• Count and Clip Cards – Clip cards great for focusing on specific skills (counting in this case) while building fine motor skills (pinching the clothespins). With the cards in this set, kids will practice counting sets from 1-20.
• Syllable Clip Cards – You can cut these apart to use as clip cards. If you do, let your preschooler use paper clips or clothespins to clip the correct answer. Or, you can leave them whole and have preschoolers color the square with the correct answer.
• and much more!
Preschool Bug Books
Fill your book basket with a great collection of preschool bug books. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore. If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
• Backyard Bugs – Young children love to look at bugs. Now here’s a Hello, World! board book that teaches toddlers all about the insects in their backyards—with colors, sounds, sizes, and super-simple facts.
• The Bug Book – This fun rhyming story lists all the bugs you can imagine—creep bugs, climb bugs, sticky-slime bugs! Discover the vast world of insects in this photo-filled book.
• Little Kids First Big Book of Bugs – The experts at National Geographic present a delightful reference that introduces young children to bugs of all kinds: big and small, jumping and crawling, colorful and creepy.
• Bugs Galore – Bugs, bugs, BUGS galore creep, slither, stink, and squirm; scurry, fly — ewww, a worm! Dig in as a flurry of bugs of every shape, size, and color crawl across the page in a veritable infestation of whimsy and humor.
Download Your free bug printables.
These free insect printables for preschoolers are only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.
I really like it. Thank you for your sharing.
You are amazingly generous! Thank you for helping this 1st year teacher with insect ideas!