This post may contain affiliate links.
These simple ABC animal flash cards with watercolor animal graphics are great for alphabet and animal activities alike.
This set of free printable alphabet flash cards contains twenty-six uppercase cards featuring gorgeous watercolor animals for each letter.
Add these free preschool printables to your literacy centers or hang them on the wall. Either way, they’re sure to be a hit with your animal-loving preschoolers.
ABC Animal Flash Cards
Teaching the alphabet is an integral part of teaching preschoolers. They need to be able to recognize the letters of the alphabet and the sounds those letters make.
These flashcards also make a great companion for your preschool zoo or animal habitat theme if you spend time talking about the animals featured on each card.
Preparing the Activity
All you need to do to prepare the flash cards is print, cut, and go. You can laminate them for durability, if you’d like.
Once they’re prepared, you can hang them on the wall for decoration. You can use them as traditional flashcards having kids identify the letter on each card.
Using the Flashcards
I hope you enjoy using the flashcards with your preschoolers. After cutting the cards apart, you can use them in so many ways.
As I mentioned above, you can hang them around the room as part of your room decor. As you introduce a new letter to your preschoolers, be sure to help them find it on the wall.
You can use them as traditional flash cards. Mix them up. Flip them over one at a time, and have your child identify the letter and the animal on each card.
Have your children put them in ABC order. Mix them up, spread them out, and have your children reorder them as they sing the alphabet song aloud.
More Alphabet Animal Activities
• Are you looking for a fun way to teach the alphabet? This set of animal alphabet letters crafts is just what you need!
• Don’t miss this animal alphabet printable, and your preschoolers can work on letter recognition and beginning sounds while strengthening fine motor skills.
• These A to Z Animals Trace and Color pages are perfect for for young students. They’ll love expressing their creativity while building motor skills with these worksheets.
• It’s so much fun to practice handwriting with these A to Z animal handwriting pages! Color, trace, and write!
• Inspire your learners to write with these animal notebooking and creative writing pages. With 150+ pages, this pack is sure to be a great fit for your homeschool!
Alphabet books are a great way to help preschoolers and kindergarteners learn their letters. And they don’t have to be boring, either!
There are all sorts of fun and engaging alphabet books out there, from books that teach the letters through rhyming verses to books that feature adorable animals.
Alphabet books can also be a great way for parents and caregivers to bond with their little ones. Reading together is always a special time, and it’s even more special when you’re sharing a book that’s helping your child learn something new.
So whether you’re looking for a gift for a preschooler in your life or you just want to add some new titles to your home library, be sure to check out some alphabet books for kids!
• ABC’s for Boys – This one of a kind, hand illustrated alphabet book combines letters with all of boys’ favorite things–airplanes, dump trucks, and more!
• Alpha Oops! The Day Z Went First – It’s chaos! It’s pandemonium! And it’s definitely not as easy as A-B-C! Here’s a snappy story about the comic confusion that comes when the letters of the alphabet, like a class of unruly children, step out of order and show that each one has a mind of its own.
• Pinkalicious ABC – A is for Apple. B is for Bubble Bath. C is for Cupcake. What could be better than learning your ABC’s with Pinkalicious in this pinkamazing board book?
What activities can I do with my preschooler to help them learn the alphabet?
This sweet set of 26 fabric letters is a great way for your child to play and learn the alphabet. Safe for all ages. And can be machine washed and dried using a small mesh bag.
These epoxy sprinkle letters are so much fun! They can be used in sensory bins , alongside educational activities, or on their own! 26 letters included!
Download Your Printables
This animal flashcard pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.