This post may contain affiliate links.
The leaves are beginning to change colors and fall from the trees. We’ve had a few chilly mornings in the past week or so. It sure makes me long for the crisp fall days that will be here before we know it.
That makes it the perfect time to do some fall crafts with your preschoolers. This “Leaf Family” craft is a simple leaf craft that will have your kids excited about the fall season!
Leaf Family: An Easy Preschool Craft
These leaf puppets can be used to retell favorite fall stories like Leaf Man or The Leaves Are Falling. Kids can use them to make up their own creative stories, as well.
Use leftover leaves in your favorite fall sensory bins or more fun fall crafts.
What You’ll Need
- Red, Yellow or Orange Craft Sticks
- Decorative faux leaves (easy dollar store find!)
- Googly Eyes
How to Make Your Leaf Family
1. Place a small dab of glue on one end of each craft stick, add a leaf and let dry.
2. Glue the googly eyes in place. Make them look silly or serious! Use your imagination.
3. Use the marker to draw a face. Think about the members or your family, does your sibling make a silly face that makes you laugh? Draw it!
Now, allow your leaf family to dry. Use them as puppets to retell stories. Use them as props to sing Five Little Leaves.
Enhance your leaf-themed lessons:
If you’re looking for more fun for your leaf-themed learning plans, check out my top picks from Amazon!
You can find these books at your local library or bookstore. If not, you can order them on Amazon by clicking the images below.
Educational Tools for Kids
What other fun ways can you think of to play with your new leaf family?
Other Fall Posts You May Enjoy:
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Preschool Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Printable Pack - September 19, 2017
- Hands-On Activities for a Dinosaur Preschool Theme - September 11, 2017
- The Perfect Pumpkin Printable for Preschoolers - September 9, 2017