This post may contain affiliate links.
These ocean animals worksheets are perfect for preschoolers. They’ll focus on early math and literacy skills within your ocean, animal, or summer themes.
Ocean animals are lots of fun for preschoolers. They don’t often see these animals in real life so they love learning about them. These free preschool printables are great for young learners.
Ocean Animals Worksheets
To start, print out the activity pages and gather your supplies.
To complete the activities in this pack, you will need a printer. You can also laminate some of the pages to make them reusable, but that is optional.
This pack includes the following activities:
• Tracing page: Designed to help preschoolers develop hand-eye coordination, kids will trace the line to help the diver find the fish.
• Tracing page 2: Children will practice tracing from left to right.
• Counting: Identify the number at the beginning of each row and color that many objects.
• Letter practice: Color the featured letter within the letter grid. Then, trace the letters and words. Color the picture if desired.
• Write it: Identify the picture at the beginning of each word and then trace the word.
• Snap cubes: I suggest printing these pages on cardstock and laminating for durability. Have children use snap cubes to build the ocean animals. Then, use a dry erase marker to circle the items that begin with the same sound.
• Graphing: Print and assemble the dice. Roll the dice and color one box in the appropriate column. Continue until one column reaches the top.
• Beginning sounds: Name the animals. Cut and paste the appropriate letter in each box.
• Find and count: Find and color each animal. Count them, and write the number in the box.
• Counting: Count the animals in each set. Color the correct number.
Ocean Books for PreschoolersFill your book basket with a great collection of ocean books for preschool. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore. If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Commotion in the Ocean – This delightful collection of poems includes fun rhymes about the creatures who live in and around the ocean. Children will delight in the snappy poems and colorful illustrations about whales, walruses, penguins, polar bears, stingrays, and sharks. Over in the Ocean in a Coral Reef – This coral reef is a marine nursery, teeming with mamas and babies! In the ageold way of kids and fish, children will count and clap to the rhythm of “Over in the Meadow” while puffer fish “puff,” gruntfish “grunt” and seahorses “flutter.” Ocean: A Peek Through Book – Discover a world teeming with life beneath the waves, with graceful sea horses, darting tropical fish, electric eels, and humpback whales.
Download Your Printables
This pack of ocean animals worksheets is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.