This post may contain affiliate links.
This printable life cycle of an apple pack features seventeen engaging activities that are perfect for preschoolers, pre-k, and kindergarteners.
This fall, plan to spend time teaching your preschoolers about apples. This activity pack will introduce kids to apples by focusing on how they grow from a seed to a fruit.
Students will enjoy a mixture of apple-themed life cycle worksheets and hands-on activities designed for kids ages 4-6.
Life Cycle of an Apple
Fall is the perfect time of year to study apples! This apple life cycle printable features 17 activities designed to teach the five stages of an apple’s life and the vocabulary that goes with it.
Before you get started with this worksheet packet, share a few fun facts about apples with your preschoolers.
- Apples are part of the rose family! Who knew?!?
- Apples have five seed pockets. That’s why it looks like a start when you slice them in half horizontally.
- Apples can be red, pink, yellow, or green.
This activity pack covers the following skills:
• counting with ten frames
• sequencing the life cycle events
• fine motor fun with playdough
• handwriting practice in a variety of ways
• vocabulary words related to the life cycle of an apple
• visual discrimination in the form of a fun I Spy game
• sight words (I, see) in a fun little book kids can make
The following activities are included in this pack:
• board game – a fun review activity or just a break from the worksheets
• sequencing necklace – for ordering events
• maze – for fine motor fun
• vocabulary – matching and writing the words
• puzzles – to sequence the events of the life cycle
• cut and paste sequence worksheets
• mini sight word reader kids can “read” to a loved one
• spinning top – another fun review activity or brain break
• label the apple – perfect for vocabulary review
• anchor chart – to demonstrate the life cycle
• I Spy – counting and visual discrimination
• playdough mat – fine motor fun while counting to five and building the life cycle stages
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT Apples
Fill your book basket with a great collection of books about apples. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie – When the very literal-minded Amelia visits Grandma’s house, she gets into the spirit of the fall season by baking her first apple pie.
Annie the Apple Fairy – Annie the Apple Pie Fairy is a TV chef who makes simple, homey pies. One day, her position as the queen of pies is threatened by Sondra the Strudel fairy’s new show. An intense competition starts between Annie and Sondra, and sees their fairy audience become obsessed with Sondra’s fancy pies and the gadgets used to make them. But when the mass of new gadgets and pie-making machines causes a huge power outage, what will happen to all the pies, and will Annie be able to save the day?
Max & Mo Go Apple Picking – Max and Mo are tired of eating corn. Luckily the big ones — the kids — just went apple picking. Everyone knows you can make applesauce with apples, but is there anything else you can make with them?
Dig right into the core of the apple with this interactive felt labeling set. There are labels for the inside and outside including ones to show what happens to the flower during the apple life cycle.
Your preschoolers will love pretending they’re making an apple pie with this fun “Cooking with Apples” dramatic play area.