Homemade Pumpkin Spice Playdough
This post may contain affiliate links.
We love all things pumpkin at my house! My kids love when I make pumpkin muffins or pumpkin bread. We munch on pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. While I’m not a fan of the ever-popular Pumpkin Spice Latte, I do love my pumpkin creamer every fall.
We love the smell of pumpkin wafting through the house as I burn candles in the kitchen. When I stopped at the store the other day to buy some pumpkin spice for baking, I decided to whip up a batch of pumpkin spice playdough.
Pumpkin Spice Playdough
What you’ll need:
- a cup of flour
- a quarter-cup of salt
- a cup of water
- a tablespoon of oil – vegetable or coconut
- two teaspoons of cream of tartar
- two teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- red + yellow food coloring, if you choose to color your dough
What to do:
- Pour the dry ingredients into a pot on the stove.
- Mix the food color into the water, and then add to the dry ingredients in the pot.
- Add the oil to the pan.
- Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat until the dough forms a smooth ball and no longer sticks to the sides of the pan.
- Carefully remove the dough from the pot and let it cool.
- Gather your playdough tools and enjoy!
I wanted to tell you how much my students love the homemade play dough. I made the pumpkin spice in October, and it has been a big hit! Tonight, I used the recipe to make 4 more kinds- chocolate, cinnamon (colored green), purple and blue. I just know that they will love them!