This post may contain affiliate links.
Talk about fire safety and community helpers with this printable pack about firemen. These free firefighter printables feature early math and literacy activities.
When my boys were younger, they were obsessed with firemen and police officers. We took field trips to the fire station, and we talked to the police officers we met in the grocery store or at the park.
My boys took many trips to the grocery store wearing their red plastic fireman’s hat or plastic police badges.
It’s important to get preschoolers familiar with firemen and policemen so that they aren’t afraid. In the event that you ever are in need of one of these community helpers, you don’t want your child to be scared of their assistance.
Free Firefighter Printables
I have created a free firefighter printables pack for your preschoolers. This learning pack will pique the interest of your hero-loving kiddos! They’ll love learning with firemen, fire trucks, and Dalmatians adorning their pages.
Inside this 30-page firefighter printable pack, you’ll find the following activities:
• Handwriting practice pages: There is an ABC chart to trace as well as pages which focus on the letters D, E, F, H, L, and T.
• Letter identification: Find all of the letters F and f on the page, and circle the lowercase letter that goes with each uppercase letter.
• Beginner math: Trace the number chart, great than or less than practice, roll and graph, trace the shapes, and count-and-clip cards
• Beginning sounds: Color the pictures that begin with the same beginning sound.
• and more!
Books About Fire Fighters
• Curious George and the Firefighters | Mrs. Gray’s class takes an amazing field trip to the firehouse. Curious George and the man with the yellow hat are surprised by the warning of a real fire! Will your favorite monkey become a hero in this Curious George and the Firefighters Book? Real along to find out!
• A Day in the Life of a Firefighter | A Level 1 DK Reader that accurately portrays a day in the life of a real firefighter, perfect for young children who are just learning to read.
• Firefighters A to Z | Every day, brave firefighters come to our rescue. When the fire alarm sounds, men and women put on their uniforms, slide down the firehouse pole, jump in their big red trucks, and rush to save our lives.
• Fire! Fire! | Fire! Fire! teaches beginning readers about the important job of firemen in the community. The book includes a glossary in the back with fire-fighting equipment keywords as well as a list of ways to prevent a fire and what to do if there is a fire.
• Clifford the Firehouse Dog | Emily Elizabeth and Clifford go to visit his brother, who is a firehouse dog. When an alarm goes off, Clifford comes to the rescue–he HELPS OTHERS by rescuing the people and putting out the fire!
• Bubble Guppies Firefighter Gil! | When Gil shares his story of being rescued by a firefighter, he and his classmates take a field trip to the fire station to learn what a fire fighter does.
More Firefighter Resources for Preschoolers
• Melissa and Doug Personalized Role Play Fire Chief Costume | With this personalized costume comes a red jacket, helmet, badge, toy fire extinguisher, bullhorn with sound effects, and a special ID tag.
This set of four fire truck crayons is perfect for your little fireman and this firefighter pack. They are also great party favors. Party crayons are a wonderful candy alternative for bag fillers.
This set of wooden firefighter-inspired memory matching discs are perfect for helping kids build visual discrimination skills.
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Homemade Valentines Card Ideas - January 22, 2020
- Printable Winter Literacy Activities for Preschoolers - January 13, 2020
- The Mitten Story Printable and Activities - January 12, 2020