This post may contain affiliate links.
Our brand new arctic animals color by number worksheets are a great way to introduce young children to the exciting world of Arctic animals!
With an array of beautiful illustrations featuring beloved polar creatures, this activity will not only help them develop their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination, but also improve concentration.
Kids can learn about the amazing wildlife that inhabits these icy regions while having fun coloring and recognizing numbers on the page.
So grab your crayons or colored pencils and explore the wonderful world of Arctic animals with color by numbers!
Related: Arctic Animals Preschool Crafts
Our Arctic Animals Color by Numbers activity is a perfect way to introduce young children to the wonderful world of Arctic animals.
Not only will they be able to recognize numbers on the page, but they will also develop fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination while having fun coloring in the beautiful illustrations.
These fun activities not only provide them with an enjoyable experience, but also give them the opportunity to learn about polar wildlife.
So grab your crayons or colored pencils and explore the wonderful world of Arctic animals with Color by Numbers!
Arctic Animals Color by Numbers
Teaching preschoolers about Arctic animals can help them develop an appreciation for the diversity of life in our world.
It can also introduce concepts such as climate change, conservation and stewardship, helping to instill important values from a young age.
Learning about Arctic animals also provides a great opportunity to teach students about animal habitats, migration patterns and adaptations of Arctic species to their environment.
Furthermore, it can be a fun and interactive way to learn, especially by using color by number worksheets featuring these animals.
Preparing the Worksheets
To get started, gather the materials you’ll need to prepare the activity. I suggest the following:
Now that you have all of your supplies, let’s get started with the prepwork.
- First, scroll to the very bottom of this post and request the file.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Open and print the worksheets making as many as you need for your students.
That’s it! Now, you’re all set to use this activity with your preschoolers.
Completing the Activity
Color by number worksheets provide a range of benefits for preschoolers. By allowing students to explore and engage with the material in an interactive way, color by number worksheets can improve focus and concentration.
They also allow children to learn about numbers and colors in a fun and creative way. Additionally, independent work on these sheets encourages self-expression and increases their confidence as they complete their projects.
Finally, preschool coloring pages can be done individually or in groups which creates an opportunity for collaboration and socialization among the students.
- Hand out one of the worksheets and the necessary crayons to each student.
- Explain to your students that they should look at the color code and determine the color needed for #1.
- Now, instruct them to find all of the sections containing #1 on the worksheet and color it with the color identified in the previous step.
- Remind them to color slowly and to try to stay in the lines.
- Lastly, remind them that practice makes perfect and even if it doesn’t turn out the way they want it to at first, with a little bit of practice and patience, tracing will get easier.
Other Ways to Use the Worksheet
Not all preschoolers are ready to read color words. If this is the case for your preschoolers, you can color the color word for your students.
They can then use the color swatches as a cue as to which crayon to use for each number in the color code.
Arctic Animal Activities for Preschoolers
Are you looking for more Arctic animal crafts and activities to do with your kids?
We’ve gathered some of our favorites so you have plenty to choose from as you look for activities to supplement your upcoming lessons.
Arctic Animals Picture Books
Reading books with Arctic animals can be a fun way to learn about polar wildlife. They can see pictures of different kinds of animals and find out interesting facts about them.
You can also talk about things like conservation, animal habitats, and migration patterns while you read the book.
Reading books is also a great way to practice your reading skills and help with focus and concentration!
- The Lonely Polar Bear – A little polar bear wakes up alone after a furious storm and finds himself all alone. With his mother nowhere in sight, he makes friends with a mysterious little girl and other animal friends such as puffins, elks, wolves, whales, and more. All his friends come together, surrounding him in the magnificent polar sky. In the end the little bear sits peacefully, enjoying a winter day lit up by beautiful northern lights.
- I Spy Arctic Animals – This Super Cool “I Spy Arctic Animals Book for Kids Ages 2-5” will keep kids entertained for hours. Lots of Fun Colorful Images of over 100 animals. This cute kid book teaches the ABC with arctic animals.
- Over in the Arctic – Learning is fun while discovering one of the most beautiful ecosystems in the world! Begin to appreciate the adorable baby animals in the arctic like the snow goose that “honks” and the wolf that “howls.” Explore the world around you, and inspire a bond with nature through curiosity and wonder!
Arctic Animal Crafts for Kids
Crafting with preschoolers can be a great way to bring their learning about Arctic animals to life.
Making arctic animal crafts allows children to make tangible representations of what they’ve learned, in a fun and creative way. It also encourages imaginative play and helps foster their problem solving skills.
Creating these kinds of projects is easy too, as many arctic animal crafts can be made from common materials such as paper, scissors, paint and glue.
From making polar bear masks to paper plate penguins, crafting with your preschoolers about Arctic animals can be both educational and enjoyable!
- Handprint Arctic Fox Craft from Simple Everyday Mom
- Walrus Arctic Animal Craft for Kids from Simple Everyday Mom
Arctic Animal Preschool Printables
Adding Arctic animal worksheets to your preschool lesson plans is a great way to teach children about polar wildlife and develop their fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and concentration.
With a range of different pictures available, kids can have fun coloring and recognizing numbers on the page while also learning about the fascinating creatures that inhabit the Arctic.
- Winter Animals Worksheets
- Arctic Food Chain Worksheets from Living Life & Learning
- Arctic Animals Addition Cards from Living Life & Learning
Arctic animals are a great way to introduce children to the amazing world of polar wildlife.
Whether it’s through reading picture books, crafting with common materials such as paper and glue or using color by number worksheets, there are plenty of ways for preschoolers to learn about Arctic animals in an educational and fun manner.
By providing these activities that focus on fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and concentration, you’ll be giving your students the opportunity to explore this fascinating area while also developing important life skills along the way!