Thanksgiving Preschool Printable
This post may contain affiliate links.
Get kids in the holiday spirit with this Thanksgiving preschool printable. Preschoolers will practice counting, ABCs, handwriting and more.
If you are looking for some fun ideas for your Thanksgiving lesson plans, this Thanksgiving printable is exactly what you need!
Your preschoolers will work on early math and literacy skills with more than 25 pages in this fun pack!
As we head into the holiday season, it’s fun to add holiday-themed activities to your learning plans.
Thanksgiving Preschool Printable
There are so many fun things you can do with preschoolers leading up to Thanksgiving. Here are a few engaging ideas that will help you teach your children about Thanksgiving, family traditions, and more.
Thanksgiving Movies for Kids
I love to incorporate movies and videos into our unit studies whenever possible. They’re perfect for sick days or rainy days. Here are a few ideas for kids:
Thanksgiving Activities for Kids
Most kids love hands-on activities. They help children engage with the topic at hand.
When teaching your kids about Thanksgiving, you can add one or more of these activities to your to-do list:
- Pete the Cat First Thanksgiving Read Aloud Printables
- Thanksgiving Cut and Paste Worksheets
- Free Thanksgiving Printable Placemat
Free Thanksgiving Printable
Inside this free Thanksgiving printable, you’ll find the following activities:
• Color and trace pages: Children will color the pictures and trace the words at the bottom of the page.
• Color by number: Use the color code to practice number identification 1-6 and color words.
• Count and clip cards: Print, laminate, and cut apart the cards. Kids will count the objects in each set, and use a clothespin or paper clip to identify the correct number 1-20.
• Beginning sounds: Cut out the pictures at the bottom of the page, and glue them on the correct beginning sound.
• Counting: Cut out the pictures at the bottom of the page, and glue each set on the correct number.
• Handwriting: Trace the letters in your best handwriting.
• I Spy: Find and count the objects in this fun Thanksgiving I Spy game.
• Word cards: Print, laminate, and cut apart the cards. Use them to expand your child’s vocabulary.
• Reading challenge: See if you can read all of the books on the challenge page.
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT THANKSGIVING
Fill your book basket with a great collection of Thanksgiving picture books. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
How to Catch a Turkey – A turkey is running loose in a school right before a Thanksgiving play. Can YOU help catch it? Follow along as students turn their school upside down trying to catch the turkey, ending with a twist that ensures no turkeys are harmed (or eaten!).
Turkey Trouble – Turkey is in trouble. Bad trouble. The kind of trouble where it’s almost Thanksgiving . . . and you’re the main course. But Turkey has an idea–what if he doesn’t look like a turkey? What if he looks like another animal instead?
10 Fat Turkeys – Girls and boys will gobble up this hilarious story about ten goofy turkeys and their silly antics: swinging from a vine, strutting on a boar, doing a noodle dance, and more.
Do you smell that? Is it fall or your new pumpkin pie play dough kit. This homemade pumpkin scented play dough kit is perfect as a party favor, holiday goody bag or even a fun activity at home.
Welcome autumn and encourage creativity in your children with this fall-themed felt creations busy bag. Practice counting and exploring patterns as you put on the turkey’s feathers.
Thank you for all Printables. They are a wonderful addition!
I am going to be working with my soon to be 4 year old great nephew. Thank you allowing free items to work with him on.