This post may contain affiliate links.
Come discover how your students can practice addition facts with plastic Easter eggs! This activity is perfect for your spring homeschool lessons.
I’m always on the lookout for fun new ways to teach basic academic skills in my homeschool. If I can incorporate the seasons and holidays that my kids are already excited about… even better! And, if I can teach without flashcards and textbooks…that’s the best!
If you are currently working on addition facts with your young learners, you’ll love this hands-on math activity!
Practice Addition Facts with Plastic Eggs
Pull the Easter eggs apart so you have 2 halves.
On one half, write one addition problem of your choice that equals a number less than 10, but don’t write the answer.
On the other half, write 4 or 5 different numbers less than 10 around the edge of the egg, making sure to include the answer to the math problem.
Snap the egg back together and have the child twist the egg around until they line up the matching answer.
What a fun educational game for young kids!
Of course, if your child is pretty good with their addition facts or if you have older children, this game will work with subtraction, multiplication, and division facts, too.
Enhance your preschool math time with these learning games:
• Monkey Math – another fun, hands-on way for kids to learn addition facts
• The Sneaky, Snacky Squirrel Game – build fine motor skills while developing matching skills and strategic thinking
• Rainbow Counting Bears with Sorting Cups and Dice – develop hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills while counting, sorting, and stacking these bears
• Spot It! Shapes and Numbers – a fun twist on I Spy which focus on shape and number recognition
More Easter Fun
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- FREE Printable Preschool Activity Calendar for May Fun - April 22, 2018
- Our Favorite Books About Moms - April 21, 2018
- 25 Preschool Spring Activities the Whole Family Will Enjoy - April 20, 2018