Engage your little learners this fall with this pack of pumpkin math activities for preschoolers. They’ll work on number recognition, counting, and more.
Right now is the perfect time to learn about pumpkins. It’s time for visiting the pumpkin patch, painting or carving pumpkins, and roasting pumpkin seeds. How about a few pumpkin math activities to make learning fun this month.
In this free printable pack, you’ll discover many great learning activities that focus on early math skills with your preschoolers.
Pumpkin Math Activities for Preschoolers
This learning pack focuses on early math skills including worksheets and hands-on fun. Each activity stands alone so you can do one each day, or a few at a time.
Inside this pumpkin-themed math pack for preschoolers, you’ll find the following learning activities:
• Number tracing – Provides handwriting practice
• Count and clip cards – Count the sets and identify the number
• How Many? Mini Book – Focuses on numerals and number words
• Graphing practice – Provides practice with counting and one-to-one correspondence
• Math mat – Provides practice with counting and one-to-one correspondence
• Pumpkin Counting – Provides practice with counting sets and writing number words
• Greater than, less than, or equal to – Introduces kids to comparing numbers
• Number mazes – One maze for 1-10, one for 11-20, and for 10-100 (counting by 10’s)
• Counting puzzles – Cut apart the puzzle and reassemble in order counting by 1, 2, 5, or 10
• Skip counting – Fill in the number charts counting by 2’s, 5’s, and 10’s
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT PUMPKINS
Fill your book basket with a great collection of pumpkin books for kids. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
The Run-Away Pumpkin – On a windy autumn day, Marla Little comes running down the hill, yelling, “Help! My giant pumpkin is rolling away! Onward it goes, rolling and turning, with no sign of stopping! Diddle-dee-doo! Oh, what shall I do?”
How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? – Mr. Tiffin and his students explore skip counting and estimation in a fun pumpkin-themed classroom experiment!
The Pumpkin Book – The book features bold, clearly-labeled illustrations, directions for drying seeds, and even how to carve funny or scary faces into your pumpkin (with an adult’s help), along with a fascinating section on pumpkin facts and lore. Perfect for aspiring farmers and kids who can’t wait for Halloween!
Learn all about the parts of a pumpkin. How do they work? What do they do? This parts of a pumpkin felt board set is simple enough for preschoolers and detailed enough for use within homeschool or early elementary classrooms.
Provide your preschooler with hours of Halloween fun with the 5 Little Pumpkins Sensory Bin!
Download Your Printables
This pumpkin math printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.