This post may contain affiliate links.
Winter’s not quite over, and it’s not too late to include snowmen in your homeschool preschool lessons.
In fact, why not make a whole snowman-themed unit study for your preschoolers. With the activities I’ve shared below, you’ll have enough snowman activities to last you a whole week! And, you can extend your lessons by focusing on the letter “S” and other words that begin with the same sound.
Be sure to scroll all the way to the end of this post to download the 40-page learning pack I created just for you and your preschoolers!
Preschool Snowman Printables and More
The resources I share below cover a variety of homeschool preschool subjects, concepts, and skills. Don’t feel as if you need to do them all. Pick and choose the ones that target skills you’re working on or will most interest your preschoolers.
I love to start all of my unit studies with a great book. Each day, I choose a new one based on the current theme. I like to fill our book baskets with books that tie in to our current theme, as well. Below is just a peek at some of our favorite books to get you started. Click on the images to learn more about each one.
In the Snowman Preschool Printable I’m sharing below, you’ll find a more comprehensive list with 15 books on it. You can print that list out and take it to the library as you fill your book basket.
- counting cards,
- missing number clip cards,
- a roll and cover grid,
- an I Spy board with recording sheet,
- and more.
Snowflake Video for Kids
I love this video and the song they sing. Kids will love the repetition. Let them pretend to be that snowflake falling from the sky. Then, have them touch each of the body parts mentioned in the video.
More Snowman Videos for Kids
Hands-on Snowman Fun
- Faux Snow Counting Activity from Life Over C’s
- Simple Snowman Sensory Bin from Living Montessori Now
- Build a Snowman Busy Bag for Preschoolers from Growing Hands On Kids
- Melting Snowmen STEM Activity from There’s Just One Mommy
- Melting Snowman Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands
Snowman Arts and Crafts
- Puffy Snowmen Art from Simple Fun for Kids
- Melted Snowman Shape Craft Collage from Mom Inspired Life
- S is for Snowman Winter Craft from Crafty Morning
- Melted Snowman Craft with Free Printables from Diary of a Real Housewife
- Snowmen at Night Process Art from Homeschool Preschool
Snowman Literacy Activities
Your preschoolers will have so much fun working on their literacy skills with the printable activity pages below. They include:
- a letter “S” hunt,
- easy reader story,
- handwriting practice,
- a color and trace page,
- and more.
- Banana Snowman from Pre-K Pages
- Rice Krispie Snowman Treats from Crafty Morning
- Easy Snowman Smoothies from Eats Amazing
- Snowman Popcorn Cups from Creative Kid Snacks
- Snowman Donuts from I Heart Arts N Crafts
Snowman Preschool Fun
Click on the images to learn more about each resource featured.
More Activities for Teaching the Letter “S”
This is a great time to teach or reinforce the Letter S and its beginning sound. The activity pages in the printable below contain the following:
- words that begin with “s”,
- tracing page,
- a maze,
- a mini “letter S” book,
- a reading challenge,
- and more!
Download your printables.
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- DIY Halloween Treat Bags Bat with Printable Template - October 19, 2017
- Candy Stuffed Pumpkins: A Simple Pumpkin Craft for Kids - October 18, 2017
- 15+ Last-Minute Halloween Costume Ideas for Preschoolers - October 17, 2017