This post may contain affiliate links.
FREE preschool ocean worksheets! These printables focus on colors, alphabet, and math with a fun ocean theme. Perfect for summer preschool lessons!
Summer learning is fun with ocean animals. These sea creatures will help your little ones work on the alphabet, colors, addition, subtraction, fine motor skills, and more.
Preschool Ocean Worksheets
Engage your preschoolers in summer learning with these free preschool printables. Inside this 30-page ocean theme printable pack, you’ll find the following learning activities:
• Alphabet Matching Cards: Print out and laminate these alphabet cards. Separate them into uppercase and lowercase cards. Use them to have preschoolers match uppercase and lowercase letters, put the letters in order, or spell the names of the ocean animals included in this pack.
• Beginning Sounds: Have preschoolers name each ocean animal on this page. Cut them out, and glue them on the correct beginning sound.
• Trace the Words: Two pages of ocean animal names. This page helps preschoolers work on letter identification and handwriting.
• 3-Part Cards: These cards can be used to identify ocean animals. One set of cards has the name at the bottom. The second set has the animal card and a name strip. Have preschoolers match the animal card to the name strip. Then, check their work with the other set of cards.
• How Many Syllables?: You can cut these apart to use as clip cards. If you do, let your preschooler use paper clips or clothespins to clip the correct answer. Or, you can leave them whole and have preschoolers color the square with the correct answer.
• Addition Practice: Cut out and laminate the cards. Have students use paper clips or clothespins to clip the correct answer.
• Subtraction Practice: Cut out and laminate the cards. Have students use paper clips or clothespins to clip the correct answer. Preschoolers might find it helpful to cross out the number of items shown behind the minus sign to answer each problem.
• Match the Animals: Cut out and laminate the cards. Have students use paper clips or clothespins to clip the correct answer.
• Which One is Different?: Have your preschoolers circle the image that is different in each row.
• What Comes Next?: Cut out the images at the bottom of the page. Glue the correct one in the boxes to finish each pattern.
• Color Me: Color the starfish according to the color word in each box.
• Number Words: Count the pictures in each box, and trace the number word under each set.
Ocean Books for PreschoolersFill your book basket with a great collection of ocean books for preschool. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore. If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Commotion in the Ocean – This delightful collection of poems includes fun rhymes about the creatures who live in and around the ocean. Children will delight in the snappy poems and colorful illustrations about whales, walruses, penguins, polar bears, stingrays, and sharks. Over in the Ocean in a Coral Reef – This coral reef is a marine nursery, teeming with mamas and babies! In the ageold way of kids and fish, children will count and clap to the rhythm of “Over in the Meadow” while puffer fish “puff,” gruntfish “grunt” and seahorses “flutter.” Ocean: A Peek Through Book – Discover a world teeming with life beneath the waves, with graceful sea horses, darting tropical fish, electric eels, and humpback whales.
Make your own ocean scene! Let your imagination run wild with these fun versatile ocean creatures: jelly fish, octopus, sting ray, shark, sea shells and more.
This ocean sensory kit contains blue and sand colored homemade, non toxic play dough. It has a sailboat, mermaid, seashells, pretend sea animals, cookie cutter (style may vary), a pail, and lots of other sensory items!
Download Your Ocean Theme Printables!
This pack of free ocean printables is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.