This post may contain affiliate links.
These penguin math worksheets are a great way to have preschoolers practice counting, color words, and shapes this winter.
Adorable penguins adorn each math activity page making this pack a great addition to your penguin preschool activities. These print-and-go worksheets are perfect for both classroom and homeschool use.
Add these free preschool printables to your upcoming winter and/or penguin preschool themes. They’re perfect for use with ages 3-5.
Penguin Math Worksheets
My themed math worksheets are extremely popular with you guys. So, I’m excited to bring you a brand new penguin-themed math pack for your little ones to use throughout the winter months.
These print-and-go activities are perfect for busy preschool moms and teachers like you. Print the pages, grab a pencil or crayon, and you’re all set to add these to your math time.
Our Favorite Winter Learning Activities
Click the image below to read about each one.
There are so many math skills to work on during the preschool years. Kids will work on number recognition, counting, number words, shapes, colors, and more.
This worksheet pack touches on all of these concepts in one simple pack. Use the pages to reinforce concepts you’ve taught previously, or you can use them to introduce a new math concept.
Either way, these pages provide a fun way to get preschoolers engaged in your math lessons.
• Size sorting: Children will circle or color the tallest penguin in each set. (visual discrimination)
• Shapes: Children will draw shapes. This page includes circle, diamond, hexagon, octagon, oval, rectangle, square, and triangle. (shape recognition, pencil control)
• Color words: Color the penguin according to the color word. One page has color words typed in color. The other is black and white. (color words)
• Number match: Kids will draw a line to connect the matching numbers 1-10. (number recognition, fine motor)
• Trace it: Trace the numbers from 1-20. (number formation, number order, number recognition)
• Counting: Identify the number at the beginning of each row, and color that many penguins. A second page has kids counting penguins in a set and writing the number on the line. (counting, number recognition, number formation)
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT PENGUINS
Fill your book basket with a great collection of books about penguins. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Penguins – In Explore My World Penguins, curious kids ages 3 to 7 will be excited to learn about the delightful world of penguins: the extreme lengths they go to to care for their young and the relationship between baby penguins and their parents.
Tacky the Penguin – Tacky’s perfect friends find him annoying until his odd behavior saves the day.
If You Were a Penguin – In this simple, rhyming picture book, the youngest readers will learn about penguins. This is the perfect read-aloud for teachers and parents to share with young children as they imagine what life as a penguin is like!
Everyone’s a winner with this super fun, non-competitive game to practice colors and shapes vocabulary! Spin the spinner, match the fish and collect them in your net. But, wait! You might have to feed a fish to the Hungry Penguin!
Stack and sort five brightly-colored wooden rings, topped with an adorable penguin. The base of this wooden penguin stacker is curved for additional fun rocking movement!
Spark your Kiddo’s creative interest with this Penguin Pals Dough Kit! Sensory play and loose parts play rolled into one, this kit gives kids the unlimited ability to play, create and learn.
Download Your Printables
This penguin math pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.