This post may contain affiliate links.
Winter is the perfect time to study penguins with your preschoolers. These penguin worksheets are the perfect addition to your winter plans.
These winter printables for preschool are a great way to have little ones work on handwriting, tracing, counting and more throughout the cold winter months.
This pack of free preschool printables is perfect for working on a few preschool skills in the days during the winter months.
You’ll find activities that focus on sorting by size, handwriting, scissor practice, counting, and more
P is for Penguin Worksheets
Are you studying penguins with your preschoolers? Or, are you looking for fun Pp activities to do with your preschooler, you don’t want to miss these winter printables for preschoolers.
Inside this freebie, you’ll get the following activities that are perfect for your preschooler:
• Color and Trace: Children will color the picture of a penguin and trace the word at the bottom of the page.
• Handwriting: Trace the letters and words on the page. Then, color the picture of the penguin.
• Tracing: Children will trace the line to help the penguin find his friend.
• Maze: Kids will trace a path through a penguin maze.
• Tracing : Children will trace the outline of a penguin, and then they’ll color it.
• Dot Marker Page: Use dot markers to fill in the circles before coloring the rest of the picture.
• Scissor Practice: Kids will cut out the penguin on the dotted line.
• Trace the Lines: Trace the lines from left to right. This is great for practicing left to right progression as a pre-reading skill.
• Puzzle: Cut apart the puzzle. Assemble the puzzle to spell out “Penguin Fun”.
• Sort by Size: Cut out the pictures and order from smallest to largest.
• Matching: Draw a line to match the pictures.
• Playdough Mat: Kids will love using playdough to build a penguin on this playdough mat.
• Counting: Count the penguins on the icebergs, and circle the correct numbers.
• Size Sorting: Follow the color code to identify big and small penguins.
• Left or Right: Follow the color code to identify left and right.
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT PENGUINS
Fill your book basket with a great collection of books about penguins. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Penguins – In Explore My World Penguins, curious kids ages 3 to 7 will be excited to learn about the delightful world of penguins: the extreme lengths they go to to care for their young and the relationship between baby penguins and their parents.
Tacky the Penguin – Tacky’s perfect friends find him annoying until his odd behavior saves the day.
If You Were a Penguin – In this simple, rhyming picture book, the youngest readers will learn about penguins. This is the perfect read-aloud for teachers and parents to share with young children as they imagine what life as a penguin is like!
Everyone’s a winner with this super fun, non-competitive game to practice colors and shapes vocabulary! Spin the spinner, match the fish and collect them in your net. But, wait! You might have to feed a fish to the Hungry Penguin!
Stack and sort five brightly-colored wooden rings, topped with an adorable penguin. The base of this wooden penguin stacker is curved for additional fun rocking movement!
Spark your Kiddo’s creative interest with this Penguin Pals Dough Kit! Sensory play and loose parts play rolled into one, this kit gives kids the unlimited ability to play, create and learn.
Download Your Printables
This P is for Penguin printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.