Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear Activities
This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for some fun and festive activities to do with your preschooler or kindergartener? Our Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear activities are great for parents and educators.
The printable Christmas activities for preschoolers are based on the book Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Wood.
They are designed to help children engage with this adorable Christmas picture book while also developing their skills in literacy, math, and more.
You can also find ideas for extending the activities into classroom settings or family time.
Let’s dive a little deeper into one of our favorite books for Christmas time, and then discover some fun activities you can add to your December lesson plans.
Enter your email address at the bottom of this post to gain access to our Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear Activities!
Add these preschool Christmas printables to your holiday activity list. Kids will love using the activity pages to complete mazes, practice writing, and more.
Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear Activities
Christmas is just a few weeks away! Are you planning some fun Christmas activities? If so, be sure to check out Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear!
This classic story and the funny illustrations are sure to capture the attention of your preschool student from cover to cover!
After reading the story to your younger children, try some of the fun hands-on activities and printables I’ve shared below.
After reading this story with your preschoolers, practice stacking “presents” (blocks) like little Mouse did in the opening 2-page spread. How many “presents” can your preschool stack before it tips?
Stretch up high like little Mouse as he puts the star on the top of the tree. Now, pretend to pick up ornaments and place them on a tree. Instruct little ones to bend down low and stretch up high. Stretch to the left and to the right.
Use some small, round ornaments to do a fun process-art project. Line a tray or box with art paper. Squeeze a little bit of paint in the bottom of the box. Drop in a few mini ornaments and shake. Continue shaking and tilting the box to see the ornament roll through the paint and make a fun design.
Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear
This printable pack includes 25 pages for kids to complete as they engage with the book.
They’ll practice math, literacy, and motor skills with these print-and-go activities.
- printer paper
- dry erase pockets (optional)
- dry erase markers (optional)
Completing the Activities
Your students will enjoy these fun learning activities. In this free printable pack, you will find the following activities:
• Color and trace: Kids will color the picture and trace the word at the bottom of the page.
• Handwriting: Trace the letters, and trace the sentence at the bottom of the page. Features letters B, T, P, S, and M.
• Maze: Trace the line to help mouse get to bear.
• Scissor Practice: Color the pictures. Then, cut them out on the dashed line. Includes three scissor practice pages.
• Tracing: Kids will trace holiday shapes and color the picture. Includes three tracing pages.
• Trace the Lines: Kids can trace the lines from left to right. This is a great fine motor activity and perfect for prewriting practice.
• and more!
More Christmas Activities for Preschoolers
If you’re looking for more Christmas activities to add to your preschool lessons, be sure to check out our recommendations below.
Christmas Read Aloud Books
Reading can be an effective way for preschoolers to develop literacy skills and enjoy the holiday season at the same time.
As Christmas approaches, preschoolers may be especially excited to find books themed around this festive event.
Therefore, preschoolers may benefit from great Christmas stories chosen to help them learn more about this cherished time of year while they have fun.
Some of the most popular preschool books for Christmas include
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- How The Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- The Nutcracker retold by Jan Brett
- Snowmen At Night by Caralyn Buehner
- ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
These classics provide preschoolers with a delightful story featuring beloved holiday elements, so preschoolers can explore the mystery and joy of Christmas together!
More Christmas Printables
- Christmas Letter Matching Alphabet Game
- Christmas Color by Letter Worksheets
- Christmas Color by Numbers
- Bear Stays Up for Christmas Activities from Affordable Homeschooling
- Printable Christmas Five Senses Book from Fun-A-Day
These handmade, adorable Christmas finger puppets are perfect for Holiday party favors or any play day!
Turn ordinary laundry pins into a fun clothespin Christmas tree ornament that your kids will love hanging on the tree this season.
Cut and paste Christmas worksheets give students an opportunity to strengthen scissor skills while practice counting, beginning sounds, and more.
No matter how you choose to add Christmas activities to your lesson plans, these book-based worksheets are a great way to introduce your kids to the holiday in an educational and fun way!
Nice package that compliments the story!
why do i get this in my email just for you to make me insert my email for it to be sent
Entering your email address triggers my system to send you the FREE printable you’re requesting.