This post may contain affiliate links.
This set of free printable letter recognition worksheets will make a great addition to your alphabet activities for preschoolers. They can be used a variety of ways.
These worksheets are sure to capture your little one’s attention and get them excited to practice letter recognition during your homeschool preschool lessons.
Each of the pages in this pack is formatted the same way. At the top of the page, there are giant letters with arrows that reinforce proper letter formation. There is an image that starts with the featured letter so you can mention beginning sounds.
Then, there is the alphabet grid. Preschoolers will hunt for the featured letters among a collection of random letters of the alphabet.
FREE PRINTABLE LETTER RECOGNITION WORKSHEETS
These no-prep worksheets are perfect for your literacy centers. Kids can work on them independently, or they can be used with a group.
You can add them to your Letter of the Week units, use them as morning work, or add them to your daily alphabet practice time.
To prepare them, you will just need to print them out. That’s it. They’re ready to go. Print them all and put them in a binder. Or, print one at a time as you study each letter. It’s up to you.
From there, kids will just find the featured letter among the alphabet grid. As I mentioned above, you can discuss proper letter formation and beginning sounds with the top portion of the page.
At the bottom, it’s all about letter recognition. Each letter is featured 12 times on its grid. Kids will hunt for the featured letter and identify it.
They can color the box, mark it with a dot marker, or cover it with a counter of some sort. How they identify the letter is up to you.
This set of letter recognition worksheets is fairly simple. All of the letters are the same font so kids can look for “matching” letters. Both uppercase and lowercase letters are featured in each grid so that children have the opportunity to become more familiar with both.
Get Your Free Letter Recognition Worksheets.
This set of worksheets is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and you’ll be taken directly to the download file.
More Free Alphabet Worksheets
• FREE Printable Feed the Monster Alphabet Game – Teaching the ABCs should be fun and engaging. It will be when you prepare this Feed the Monster alphabet game for your preschoolers! Your little ones are going to love this fun alphabet game!
• Scarecrow Themed Alphabet Worksheets for Fall – Encourage your preschoolers to practice the alphabet with this S is for Scarecrow alphabet worksheets. Perfect for your autumn literacy centers!
• Wild West Alphabete Puzzle Printables – Alphabet puzzle printables help your preschoolers focus on letter recognition, letter matching, and beginning sounds. These wild west ABC puzzles are fun!
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Preschool Reindeer Printable Math and Literacy Activities - November 19, 2018
- 24 Great Grinch Activities for Kids - November 19, 2018
- Thanksgiving Printables for Preschoolers - November 17, 2018