This post may contain affiliate links.
Add these preschool leaf theme math and literacy printables to your autumn plans. Focus on the alphabet, numbers, and fine motor skills!
Pretty soon, the leaves will begin to change and will start falling from the trees. Then, my daughter will be begging to rake them into a giant pile in the backyard so she can dive in.
If you’re getting in the mood for autumn, here are some fun fall leaves preschool activities you can incorporate into your upcoming leaf-themed preschool lessons.
Fall Leaves Preschool Printable
Whether you’re studying leaves specifically or you’re looking for fun fall activities to do with your preschooler, you don’t want to miss these free preschool printables.
These activities are general leaf-themed preschool pages. Stay tuned for a full “fall leaves” unit study with a science, literacy, and math focus.
Inside this 25-page freebie, you’ll get the following activities that are perfect for your preschooler:
• 4-part puzzles: Cut these puzzles into pieces, and have your preschoolers reassemble them.
• ABC matching cards: Cut the cards in half. Shuffle them, and have your preschooler match uppercase and lowercase letters. For more ABC matching practice, check out these clip cards.
• Color and write: Preschoolers will practice writing the word “leaf” and then coloring the leaf on the page.
• Color words: Students will color the leaves according to the color words. For more practice with colors, check out these sorting mats.
• Counting mat: Choose a number, and place that many leaves on the tree.
• Counting practice: Count the images and circle the correct number.
• Dot pages: Use dot markers or circle stickers to fill in the dots.
• Letter hunt: Find the letter L.
• Graphing: Practice counting from one to ten.
• Handwriting: Ll and numbers 1-10
• Letter sort: Students will cut out each of the letters and sort according to the instructions.
• and more…
BOOKS ABOUT Leaves
Fill your book basket with a great collection of preschool leaf books. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore.
If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
Leaf Man – Fall has come, the wind is gusting, and Leaf Man is on the move. Is he drifting east, over the marsh and ducks and geese? Or is he heading west, above the orchards, prairie meadows, and spotted cows? No one’s quite sure, but this much is certain: A Leaf Man’s got to go where the wind blows.
Leaves – Bear is surprised when the leaves start falling off the trees, but when he tries to reattach them, it doesn’t work. Eventually, he gets sleepy, and burrows into the fallen leaves for a long nap. When he wakes up, it’s spring-and there are suddenly brand-new leaves all around, seeming to welcome him.
Fletcher and the Falling Leaves – As the leaves fall from his favorite tree, Fletcher worries that something is terribly wrong. But then winter comes, and with it a wonderful surprise.
Educational Tools for Kids
DOWNLOAD YOUR PRINTABLES
This Fall Leaves printable pack is only available to my readers. Click the button below, enter your information, and download your printables.
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Printable Winter Literacy Activities for Preschoolers - January 13, 2020
- The Mitten Story Printable and Activities - January 12, 2020
- Preschool Valentine’s Day Worksheets - January 9, 2020