This post may contain affiliate links.
We’ve done Elf on the Shelf at our house for about six years. No matter the age group of my children, we have always had so much fun with it, but I must say the preschool years are so much fun! If you are looking for some quick Elf on the Shelf ideas, here are some to keep up your sleeve.
Elf on the Shelf Ideas for Preschoolers
• Each year when elf arrives this year, make it super easy. We use this Elf on the Shelf Welcome Letter. Print it, plug in your child’s name, sign it with your elf’s name and you are all set. A personal letter from the good ol’ elf is always a win!
• Have your elf bring everything your little one needs to make homemade ornaments together!
• Toilet paper the Christmas tree. Place your Elf on the Shelf nearby with some of the toilet paper near his hand…. guess who did it?!?
• Grab the Band Aids. Seriously, preschoolers love them, right? Use them to stick Elf on the Shelf to the door, the wall, the bathroom mirror, or where ever you want to stick him. Your preschooler will love this!
• Keep some accessories on hand. My kids, especially the younger kiddos, thing it is super cool when Elf on the Shelf shows up wearing new clothes. They have so many accessories and clothes on the market for your Elf. Or, if you don’t want to buy accessories, use Barbie clothes or GI Joe clothes. Little kids will think this is just too cool!!
• Let Elf bring breakfast. Ours brings breakfast at least once each Christmas season. We love using this North Pole Breakfast pack. Just print it out and use the invitation as a sweet invite for your kids from Elf. Use the circle cutouts for your breakfast muffins or cinnamon rolls. Use the labels to indicate Elf juice (orange juice, holly-jolly milk, etc.). Have fun with it and make memories!
• Little kids love do a dot pages!! And they are great for building hand muscles and working on fine motor skills. I love this pack and this one is a little more educational. Both are fun! Let Elf bring these pages as a special treat for your preschooler.
• Have Elf deliver your favorite Christmas book for your little one. We have some great Christmas book ideas to get you started!
• Grab some mini marshmallows and fill a coffee cup up with them. Place your elf on top and call it a bubble bath. The kids will love eating the marshmallows as a special treat.
• Have elf leave a message on the bathroom mirror! This is a great go-to for one of those mornings when you wake and and realize you did not move elf and you need a quick idea!!
• Has your preschooler been extra good? Let elf leave a behavior report sharing praise…. or maybe he leaves a naughty report?!
My kids have so much fun every single year with our Elf on the Shelf shenanigans. Here is some great reading for you if this is your first year and you’re trying to learn the ins and outs of Elf on the Shelf. It explains how Elf on the Shelf works and what the buzz is all about.
Print and Go Elf on the Shelf Ideas
If you are looking for lots of easy-print-and-go-ideas to make Elf on the Shelf super fun this year, check out this bundle. It has tons of printable ideas that are both fun and educational.
- 11 Elf on the Shelf Ideas Your Preschooler Will Love - November 30, 2017