This post may contain affiliate links.
Preschoolers can foundational skills with these dinosaur preschool math activities. They will practice number recognition, counting, sorting, and more.
These printable worksheets are perfect for the home or classroom. Add these dinosaur activities for preschool to your upcoming lessons for a fun way to practice number to ten.
These dinosaur preschool math activities are perfect for kids who love dinosaurs and want to learn more about math. These printable worksheets make learning fun and easy.
These preschool math worksheets are perfect for kids ages 3-6. There are activity pages that touch on a variety of math skills making this a fun addition to your lessons.
So what are you waiting for? Download these worksheets today and get started on some fun learning!
Dinosaur Preschool Math Activities
Because these math worksheets are print-and-go, they are perfect for busy moms and preschool teachers. There’s no prep-work involved.
Young learners can work on number recognition and counting with these engaging math activities.
What skills are taught?
In this twelve-page math pack, you’ll find activities that help your preschoolers practice graphing, work on number recognition, counting, and sorting by size.
In this pack, you’ll find the following activities:
• Counting to ten – Kids will count the spikes on the dinosaurs and identify the correct number. This page works on counting to ten, number recognition to ten, and fine motor skills (if you use dot markers).
• Colors – Kids will read the color word and color the dinosaur appropriately. If your kids can’t read color words yet, you can color the color word for them and then let them color the dinosaur according to the hint.
• Number writing – Kids will trace the numbers from 1-20. You can review number recognition by calling out numbers for them to trace instead of preschoolers tracing in number order.
• Counting cut and paste – Children will count the spikes on each dinosaur. Then, they’ll cut out the numbers at the bottom of the page and glue them beside the correct dinosaur. This is a great way to encourage little ones to practice their scissor skills.
• Sort it – Cut out the dinosaur pictures at the bottom of the page. Glue them in the correct box according to their size. This is a great time to encourage kids to practice their scissor skills.
• Differences – Kids will strengthen visual discrimination skills as they search for the dinosaur in each set that is different.
• Sizes – Kids will identify and color the smallest dinosaur in each set.
• Graphing – Preschoolers will count each of the dinosaurs in the grid. Then, they’ll complete the graph at the bottom of the page.
• Sorting by size – There are two size-sorting activity pages. On one, kids will sort from smallest to largest. On the other, they’ll sort from largest to smallest.
• Count and write – There are two count and write pages. Preschoolers will count the dinosaurs in each set. Then, they’ll write the number on the writing lines.
How to Use These Worksheets
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Have your child complete one worksheet per day. This will help them practice the covered skills in a gradual and manageable way.
2. Use the worksheets as part of a learning center. This can be a great way for your child to explore different math concepts in a fun and interactive way.
3. Match the worksheets with related books. For example, you can read a book about dinosaurs and then have your child complete the corresponding math worksheet.
These are just a few ideas on how to use the dinosaur math worksheets. Be creative and have fun! Your child will love learning about math with these cute dinosaurs
PRESCHOOL BOOKS ABOUT DINOSAURSFill your book basket with a great collection of books about dinosaurs. Most of these books can be found at your local library or used bookstore. If you have a hard time finding them, you can order them through my Amazon affiliate links by clicking the images below.
How to Catch a Dinosaur – Do YOU have what it takes to catch a prehistoric pal? How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Birthday? – All little dinosaurs love to get presents, and this new board book will be an immediate favorite. From birthday hats to Ceratosaurus-sized cakes, America’s young readers will laugh out loud as the celebration moves from “bad” birthday behavior to just the right amount of silliness and sharing. What the Dinosaurs Did Last Night: A Very Messy Adventure – You might have noticed weird things happening in your house. Unexplainable messes. Food all over the kitchen floor. Who could the culprits be? Dinosaurs!
RESOURCES I LOVE
This awesome Dinosaur Crayons Gift Set is made from 100% non-toxic crayons. They are perfect for Santa/Easter Bunny to use as stocking stuffers/basket fillers, gift giving, party favors, classroom favors or just to have! They are ready to give and will definitely bring on the smiles.
Story stones are designed to encourage children’s imagination and love of story-telling. These dinosaur story stones provide the freedom to explore, invent and narrate their own stories in comfort without the added pressure of having to read.
Dinosaur Activities for Preschoolers
Some other fun and educational activities that you can do with your preschooler include:
Make a dinosaur craft. This is a great way to introduce your child to different types of dinosaurs.
Play “Dinosaur Hunt”. Hide dinosaur figurines around the house or yard and have your child find them.
Draw a picture of a dinosaur. This is a great way for your child to explore their creativity and learn about different types of dinosaurs.
Make a simple diorama of a prehistoric scene. This can be made from various materials, such as cardboard, foamboard, or even construction paper.