This post may contain affiliate links.
These preschool math printables will help your little ones recognize, count, and write the numbers 1 – 20. These bear-themed preschool counting worksheets are perfect for extra practice!
I’ve been working on some fun Preschool Bear Theme printables and resources that I can’t wait to share with you over the next few weeks. These preschool printables are perfect for adding to your animal, zoo, or forest-themed preschool unit studies.
Bear-Themed Preschool Counting Worksheets
This set of bear-themed counting worksheets helps preschoolers will help your preschool and kindergarten students learn to recognize numbers 1-20, count from 1-20, and write numbers 1-20.
There are several different ways you can use this printable pack with your preschoolers. Choose which one best meets your young learners’ needs.
Students will choose a number card and place it on the top right corner of the ten-frames mat. Use buttons, erasers, or playdough balls to build the number in the ten frames.
Ten Frames and Snap Cubes
Again, have students choose a number card and build the number on the ten-frame mat. Then, have them stack snap cubes or LEGO bricks to build the number.
Ten Frames, Snap Cubes, and a Salt Tray
Start this activity the same way you did with the first two. Now, however, have your learner “write” the number in a salt tray. This is a great way for young writers to become familiar with writing numbers without worrying about pencil grip and writing lines.
Ten Frames, Snap Cubes, Salt Tray, and Writing Page
After your students fill in the ten frames, build the number with snap cubes, and write the number in the salt tray, have them find the number on the “trace the number” page. Have your student trace each number as the go through the number cards.
Bear Unit Study Resources
- Bear-Themed Preschool Learning Pack
- 12 Picture Books About Bears
- 5 Tips for Celebrating “Have a Party with Your Bear” Day
More Preschool Counting Worksheets
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Counting Activities
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie Count and Clip Cards
- Preschool Printable Forest Count and Clip Cards
- Apple Math Activities: Counting 1-10 Practice
- Counting to 100 with a Forest Hundreds Chart
Enhance Your Bear-Themed Unit Study:
Are you looking for more fun activities to help you teach your preschoolers about bears? Check out these fun items from Amazon!
Books About Bears
- Big Smelly Bear by Britta Teckentrup
- Share, Big Bear, Share! by Maureen Wright
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bull Martin, Jr.
Educational Bear Resources for Kids
- Scoop Tongs and Color Bear Dice Fine Motor Tools
- Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle Bear Family Dress Up Toys
- Rainbow Counting Bears and Sorting Cups and Dice
I love this fun Climbing Bear Wooden Toy from Etsy. Kids will love this!
Latest posts by Homeschool Preschool (see all)
- Preschool Transportation Theme Printables - January 21, 2019
- Weather Books for Toddlers - January 20, 2019
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake Story Sequencing Cards - January 19, 2019