January’s coming to an end, and February is upon us!
February is full of fun holidays and learning opportunities for preschoolers. I’m back with another installment of my preschool activity calendar.
This month, kids will explore several holidays, work on fine motor skills, read some great books, and more! I’m looking forward to sharing some great ideas with you.
February Activity Calendar
Print out this month’s activity calendar. Tape it to your refrigerator, or hang it up in your playroom. Each day, check the calendar for a new activity. If there is no activity listed, let your child choose a fun activity to do.
Here are some links and ideas to help you complete the activities on February’s calendar:
- February 2: Groundhog Day – Watch the news with your child as they pull Punxsutawney Phil from his burrow. Talk about sun and clouds and shadows. Let your child play with the flashlight and make shadows on the wall. Print out the activity pages in this Groundhog Day printable, and incorporate them into your homeschool lessons.
- February 3: Feed the Birds Day – Let your child make one of these ten easy bird feeders or just sprinkle bird seed in the yard. Then, watch the birds through the window.
- February 11: “Heart” Animals – After reading My Heart is Like a Zoo, let your preschoolers make animals out of hearts.
- February 12: Lincoln’s Birthday – Introduce your preschooler to Abraham Lincoln with a beginner biography.
- February 14: Valentine’s Day – Shower your preschooler with love today! Read books about Valentine’s Day, and incorporate these fun learning activities into your preschool lessons.
- February 16: Spiders – After reading The Very Busy Spider, your preschool will love working on their motor skills as they make their own paper plate spider web.
- February 17: Random Acts of Kindness Day – Challenge your preschoolers to complete three Random Acts of Kindness today.
- February 20: Snowflakes – After reading Snowflake Bentley, make paper snowflakes with your preschoolers.
- February 21: Puffy Paint – Make your own puffy paint, and then let your preschooler paint a snowman.
- February 22: Washington’s Birthday – Introduce your preschooler to George Washington with a beginner biography.
- February 24: Ice Painting – Make ice cubes with colored water leaving a toothpick sticking up in the ice cube tray. Once frozen, let your preschoolers paint with the melting colored ice cubes.
- February 26: This is such an awesome idea for a simple activity that will help your preschoolers and their fine motor skills.
Enhance your monthly activities with these books:
Add these learning tools to your activities this month:
More Fun Posts