This post may contain affiliate links.
I know that winter just arrived, but I’m ready to watch it go!
I’m not a huge fan of the cold temperatures. So, I will be watching anxiously to see if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow on February 2.
My hope, of course, is that he does not see his shadow and that spring will arrive sooner rather than later.
Whether you’re a fan of the cold weather or not, your preschoolers will have so much fun with this brand new groundhog-themed learning pack!
Celebrate Groundhog Day!
This Groundhog’s Day printable is perfect for preschoolers. It can easily be adapted for tots and kindergarteners. I love being able to include everyone in the lesson.
Included in this Groundhog Day preschool pack are the following activities:
- Counting practice: On one page, preschoolers will count the items and circle the correct number. On another, preschoolers will count sets of 1-5 and glue the number in the right spot.
- Letter recognition: Kids will hunt for the letters G and g on a letter grid.
- Color pages: This pack includes a color-by-letter and color-by-number page. There is also a plain coloring page.
- Sorting: Spring/winter, one-syllable/two-syllable, short/long vowels
- Rhyming: Read the word in the box, and write a rhyming word on the line.
- Telling time: Read the clock and tell time to the nearest half-hour.
- Visual discrimination: Which one is different, what comes next, color by size, color a pattern
- Motor skills: Trace the lines, pencil control, lacing card
- Writing: Write a sentence about groundhogs, handwriting practice (manuscript and d’nealian fonts), read/color/trace/write
Get your Groundhog Day Preschool Pack.
Enhance your Groundhog Day activities with these books:
More posts you’ll enjoy:
Latest posts by Tara Mitchell (see all)
- Alice in Wonderland Printables for Preschoolers - April 28, 2017
- May the Fourth Be with You: Star Wars Preschool Printable - April 27, 2017
- 20 Monkey Activities for Preschoolers - April 27, 2017