This post may contain affiliate links.
Add a little Christmas fun to your homeschool lessons.
Your preschoolers will love adding some Christmas activities to their lessons throughout the coming holiday season.
Help them practice counting from 1-10 with this fun Christmas Counting Memory Game.
Christmas Counting Memory Game
This pack includes twenty cards for a unique Christmas memory game. I suggest printing the cards on printer paper.
After cutting each page into individual cards, glue the cards on construction paper leaving a border around each card.
Laminate the construction paper cards. Cut out the cards again. This keeps kids from being able to the numbers on the front of the cards.
Once your cards are prepared, shuffle them well. Lay them out facedown on the table or floor.
Take turns flipping over two cards. Have your preschoolers count the ornaments on the decorated trees. Then, have them find the matching numeral.
Play continues until all matches have been found!
This activity helps preschoolers practice counting from one to ten. They also practice number recognition as they find the matching numeral.
• Have children to find matches in number order – finding one first, then two…
• Adjust the cards accordingly, and have preschoolers count the ornaments on the tree and find the number that is one more or one less.
• Have your little ones put the cards in number order as they find a match. They may find matches 5, 1, and 8. Have them put those cards in order creating a number line. Then, have them fill in the gaps as they find new matches.
Get your Christmas Memory Game.
More Christmas Fun
Latest posts by Tara Mitchell (see all)
- Beginning Sounds Printable Alphabet Clip Cards - April 24, 2017
- 18 Alice in Wonderland Printables and Preschool Activities - April 22, 2017
- 25 Easy and Engaging Summer Camping Crafts for Kids - April 21, 2017